PDA

View Full Version : Air Canada

No comment
5th Jun 2003, 05:55
I have tickets on Air Canada with a class code H, what does that mean as I can't seem to find it anywhere?
p.s Apart from the floatplanes in Vancouver, what is there to see aviation-related up that way? I'm there in a week time... cheers
NC

farrari
5th Jun 2003, 15:24
M or H class economy seats just mean they are cheap seats or good value, with more restrictions than other economy seats like Y or B economy class seats.:cool:

Phil Lister
5th Jun 2003, 16:28
No Comment

It all depends on where you are going to be... If you are in Vancouver, yes, the floatplanes are defineatly something to see and if you've never gone on one I would reccomend you do it.. You can take the floatplane to either Victoria or Nanaimo and then take a ferry ride back.. Myself, I would take the airplane to Victoria (West Coast Air Twin Otter or Harbour Air Turbine Single Otter) and then take the ferry back. You would also have a very good chance on this run to see the Orcas (Killer Whales) which are very impressive... There are also many companies which will take you for a whale watching tour in Victoria...

There is also a company in a town called Port Alberni who operate the last 2 Martin Mars aircraft. They were converted to be water bombers in the 60's and can drop 6000 imperial gals at a time...

Anyhow, if you would like to learn more please feel free to message me and I will do my best to help you out..

Cheers
Phil

Panama Jack
5th Jun 2003, 22:31
Don't forget that just across the border in Everett, Washington, is the Boeing factory and they gave very interesting tours (I don't know if they still do in light of the security concerns. If you do go as far as Seattle, there is a very cool aviation store called the Aviator Store at Boeing Field.

A popular restaurant, right on the river (and at a float plane base) is the Flying Beaver. They have a deck which is nice to sit on if the weather is good, and you can watch the action. It is near the South Terminal at the Vancouver International Airport.

Also at Boeing Field on the opposite side of the airport (to where the aviator store is) is a very large aviation museum. Also very worthwhile