PDA

View Full Version : Hunter Accident - Craig Penrice

BEXIL160
2nd Jun 2003, 20:53
Okay, so many of you reading this will have read about the Hunter Accident in Wales yesterday.

The Pilot, Craig Penrice, was one of the influential expert witnesses in Spot's recent CM and subsequent aquittal (hear, hear!!).

Best wishes to him and hopes for a speedy recovery.

Rgds BEX

noisy
2nd Jun 2003, 21:27
Sad to hear bout this accident - glad to hear that the pilot got out ok. I hope he recovers well from his injuries. Older ejection seats can be a bit crude.

G-AMMY
2nd Jun 2003, 21:33
I met Craig Penrice a few months ago when he was giving a talk on the Eurofighter Flight Testing. What a top bloke.

Report on the BBC News Website (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/2954538.stm)

Get Well Soon Craig! :O

Numpo-Nigit
3rd Jun 2003, 02:59
Always sad to see another classic aircraft lost, but it could have been far worse as others have said above. Does anybody know if the Hunter involved was that owned by an ATCO at NERC?

250 kts
3rd Jun 2003, 03:09
I have it on good authority that yes, it was the one owned by PH.

Best wishes to the pilot and wishing him a speedy recovery.

Say Again
8th Jun 2003, 02:07
As has been said Craig was pivotal in the defence of Spot at the recent court martial (F15s crash in 2001) and as such deserves the respect of the ATC profession. Dick Doleman, who led the personal support for Spot, has asked me to post the address of the hospital where Craig is recovering so that you can ALL send him a card (Dick's computer is on the blink and he is saving up for a replacement - all donations welcome!!).

I discovered this afternoon that Craig's condition is stable following surgery.

Craig's address for the time being:

Ward D8
West Block
Queen's Medical Centre
Derby Road
NOTTINGHAM NG7 2UH

Brian Young

PPRuNe Radar
8th Jun 2003, 06:08
Let's get those cards rolling in folks !!!

Get well soon Craig, you have our thoughts and best wishes from all at PPRuNe.

Hilico
4th Sep 2003, 06:54
...and it's reached the pages of Woman's Own. Page 6 of the 8th September edition: an entire page devoted to how 'Anne Penrice has mixed feelings watching injured husband Craig walk again - because each step takes him closer to returning to the job she fears could kill him.'

Good that an aviation story turns up in so unexpected a publication. Concentrates on Mrs Penrice's view; doesn't trot out lines like 'Craig experienced a problem with the tail flaps'; illustrates another aspect of that family-vs-job balance mentioned in other threads.

Craig does seem to be making good progress and I hope it continues.

Fox3snapshot
4th Sep 2003, 09:33
A completely botched investigation by the UK MOD for a controller mate, and a legend that came into bat for the innocent, better still he was GD (AIRCREW) !!

With you mate, get better soon!

;)