PDA

View Full Version : No Deal for ACPA

extreme P
31st May 2003, 03:08
AC's BOD says no deal. They will meet again Sunday in court.

Elephant Man
31st May 2003, 11:36
Too bad but predictable. Sad but it's time the Canadian government allowed AC to go under rather than blow billions more on an airline that just can't get it right. One of the investment houses in the US (can't remember which one) did an analysis of their finances and concluded they were a "bloated monster" and only a miracle could keep AC alive.

extreme P
31st May 2003, 13:43
Now they say midnight tomorrow is the definite deadline for an agreement. Failing that it's Sunday morning in court for an imposed settlement or a carving up of the pieces.

ECAM This
1st Jun 2003, 08:41
I'm an A320 Captain (Senior - A scale), raised in Canada, but moved to the USA years ago because a few co-workers (Former Voyaguer Pilots to name a few) were hell-bent on destroying my career.

Most of those coworkers are now working for Air Canada.

Air Canada's pilots are a bunch of Prima Dona's who WILL sink the already flooded ship.

My heart goes out to those who will suffer (the rest of the team), because the pilots are a bunch of spoiled brats!

Oh, I'm also on my Airlines hiring commitee.

Mikey21
1st Jun 2003, 09:35
Mr Captain,
Well if this is your wish,
The market will be floaded with Experience pilots!!!
And it will make it hard for people like me, 2000-3000hr pilots.
By the way I am laid off as of tomorrow.

Hopefully nobody will come and take your job!
It is always sad to see some aviation bussiness go under. Sure their Management is bad, do i give a ****e stirring me tea with the AC logo on the stick!!! Does it make my tea taste better.

Life sucks when you cannot do the job you love! even if i don't get paid too much, what is best, make the same money between 4 walls in a factory???

All the best, it is all out of our control, we will see what's for breakfast tomorrow. Hope things work out for everybody.

What is going to be left in Canada?? Westjet? that will be great, their requirement might go from 4000hrs to 6000h.

that will help.
Good night.

Phil Lister
5th Jun 2003, 16:49
I have to agree with ECAM this regarding the attitude of the AC pilots. I really hope that this latest close call will make them realise that they are not untouchable....

The whole company has to realise that when their costs are unrealistic compared to their competition that it will not work..

When they have Capt's making double what the industry in this country considers good enough, well there is a problem.. How can you justify paying an A330 F/O more than what some other airlines in your country pay the Capt's.... It just doesn't work....

The Air Canada boys and girls need a good reality check and hopefully this was it... If it was, then we can all get on with our business

Cheers
Phil

Flytdeck
14th Jun 2003, 07:31
As an Air Canada pilot, I am not sure of your definition of "Prima Dona" but don't think I have worked hard enough to earn that qualification. :p Remember, most of us started by fuelling and flying a C-172 and humping baggage into light aircraft for little pay.

As for salaries, there may not be a lot of sympathy toward your perspective on this board. The Air Canada pilots are considered the "poor boys" of the international airline fleet with a remuneration substantially less of every other major, non 3rd world carrier (though you may, from you posting, consider Canada a 3rd world country).

Our pay is based on many years of negotiation. We have forfeited many pay increases in exchange for safer working conditions. We are accepting a substantial pay decrease rather than have these working conditions deteriorate (other airlines were horrified at our 2 pilot overseas operatations. In other countries, safety regulations are a Government responsibility. Here, we have to NEGOTIATE them).

We are going to lose some extraordinarily talented individuals as we commence our layoffs, and everyones pay packet will be a fair bit smaller. I hope that we can assist the company in its recovery and perform a quick recall. As for the pay, that may take awhile to restore.

As a group, we are determined to make our contribution toward Air Canada's survival though if things don't work out, I may be asking that fellow how to apply for that "Prima Dona" job.:hmm: