PDA

View Full Version : CATC students: Very urgent... shared house in Bournemouth

WX Man
29th May 2003, 19:03
Hello CATC students,

Does anyone know the best way of finding a bedroom in shared house somewhere near the airport in Bournemouth? I'm looking to move in this Sunday night to start an ATPL course on Monday 2nd!!!!

hello everyone at MUAC... ;)

Dances with Boffins
29th May 2003, 20:51
Try calling Student Liaison at the College

01202 472257

who may know of a vacancy. Bit short notice though.
:cool:

If all else fails, the weather is warm enough to kip under your flight-bag :ok:

skinteastwood
29th May 2003, 22:21
WX,

Have you got a car? The airport is a few miles out from Bournemouth itself.

When I first turned up in Bournemouth I just got a copy of the local rag and found a flat-share, there are usually plenty going. Just a word of warning though, I ended up in a less than desirable part of town called Boscombe and I would avoid living there in the future.

Best of luck.

WX Man
4th Jun 2003, 05:25
Well thanks for the replies, but owing to the proximity I just couldn't start in time. Still need a few mid-week days off to clear things up back in Euro-land and don't want to sacrifice an ATPL course. Also delaying it until September allows me to earn some £££ to bump up my savings.

What do most people at CATC end up doing? Getting a house together after spending the first few weeks in a B&B?

LostThePicture
4th Jun 2003, 22:09
Most new students to CATC opt for the cheap B&B establishments around Westby Rd and Florence Rd, Boscombe.

Urgh, Boscombe! :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

The revulsion that most people feel at moving into these un-palacial surroundings is enough to make them search for flats with their new found mates.

If at all possible you should remove Boscombe from any plans you may have made.

As previous posts have said, the student liaison at the college has a comprehensive list of options, including letting agents, and you really should make sure you've got wheels as the airport is 6 or 7 miles out of town.

Good luck!