PDA

View Full Version : Bristol Radar Screens

ATCO1987
28th May 2003, 06:40
Hello all. Very strange request. I'd like to know the colour schemes of the Bristol radar screens. Reason is as follows, Im a member of VATSIM (virtual atc/flying group) www.vatsim.net and www.vatsim-uk.org and Im on the Bristol team. I have visited EGGD TWR but cant fully remember the entire colour scheme of the radar. I need the following colour info:
Background (I know in real life the water and land are different colours, but I cant do that, so land colour), aircraft, data tags, aircraft trails, range rings, airways, waypoints (fixes), VOR's, NDB's, ATZ's and runway distance markers, waypoint labels, VOR and NDB labels, airport labels. Any other info on the radar screens would be appreciated. As I said its a strange request, but Im a realism freak and want my radar screen as much like the real EGGD 1 as poss (Im trying to get another visit to the tower to sort this out, see my post entitled Bristol ATCO's).
Thanks!

pilot_will
28th May 2003, 23:45
Hey. Im a mate of Dan (ATCO1987) and im also a controller for Bristol on VATSIM. If anyone could give advice on the colours of the Bristol radar screens, with the detail Dan mentioned, it would be much appreciated.