PDA

View Full Version : GECAT Sim at LHR - How to Get There?

fireflybob
20th May 2003, 18:29
Got an appointment coming up at the GECAT Sim at LHR - can anyone give me tips as best way to get there etc. Is there plenty of parking, is it feasable to travel by train etc.

Thanks for any help.

moleslayer
20th May 2003, 22:10
Which GECAT sim are you meant to be going to ?

They have a facility at North Hyde in Hayes, but they also own the bmi sims at Stockley Park. They are all known as LHR !!

Let me have the address, and I will give you the info you need.

Moley.

DrSyn
21st May 2003, 07:47
fireflybob, if it's the one at Hayes, here's one I prepared earlier! Parking is adequate and station adjacent. Hope it's the right one!

http://ourworld.compuserve.co.uk/DrSynHst/Gecat-Hayes.jpg

fireflybob
21st May 2003, 15:24
Dr Syn, gee thanks you are a star but, guess what, I have just dicovered the venue is the GECAT Sim in the BMI building!!

Thanks for your help.

DrSyn
22nd May 2003, 02:31
Them's the breaks, as they say!

I'll leave it up in case anyone else needs it some time.

Georgeablelovehowindia
22nd May 2003, 04:56
Note the proximity of the railway line, which happens to be the main line to Bristol. I'm told that the howl of the passing InterCity 125s make an interesting distraction to the people battling away in the sim, especially if the any of the big doors in the sim hall happen to be open!

boeingbus2002
25th May 2003, 03:50
For bmi/GECAT sims its simple...use same map from Dr Syn.
Follow Stockley Road (A4**) <-- Not too sure what it was..from M4 Spur. Continue "north" past few traffic lights (One scary junction!). Then theres a right turn somewhere shortly afterwards. Its in a small industrial estate with burnt out cars!