PDA

View Full Version : Good Day today!

Steve76
17th May 2003, 08:30
First IFR jobbie for the season for me today,

Solid cloud to 800 agl for the NDB and we popped out of the ILS @ 300 agl into a mile vis :ok:
Flew a sweet ILS (....if I do say so myself :} ) considering the 15kt crosswind and it was also the cojoes first trip IFR in cloud ever. GPS fell over before we left the base so it was back to basics again. GREAT day had by all...
And tommorrow..... same crappy WX.... yeehaa! :)

IHL
17th May 2003, 12:40
Where were you doing the NDB and ILS to ?
The wx in Southern Ontario was SUPER CRAP today.

I had a trip planned to YHM and my F/O refused to go cause it was super crap;looking back he was probably right.

Red Wine
17th May 2003, 15:03
What...

Blue sky, 40 kms Vis, light easterly, 32 C here....thinking about the beach and a beer.

Steve76
17th May 2003, 22:47
Yep Hamilton was super crappy all day due the easterly wind. But when is it ever nice in YHM? ... all that smog.

However, CNS7 and CYXU were OK. I heard a couple of biz jets holding to try and get into YHM on centre but I don't know how they went.
Couple of lads left CYTZ at 10am for the Muskokas when the YTZ was 200 and a mile... Keen but they had CYYZ for alternate @ 400 & 2miles. What do you think about the new alternate rules?
Good to hear from you IHL. Where you been hiding :)

IHL
18th May 2003, 10:35
Steve76: I was actually banging around Southern Ontario last week, Hamilton, Windsor, Buttonville.
400 & 2 (400&1 rotorwing) is not that bad if you have confidence in the forecast or if your destination wx is good.

I did a trip a couple of years ago where the alternate was forecast to be 800. We missed at the destination and when we arrived at the alternate it was 300 feet. That day we flew 5 hours in cloud, 3 approaches to minimums and never carried a patient.C'est la vie.