PDA

View Full Version : Logging flight checks

foxmoth
17th May 2003, 03:29
We have i am sure, all seen flogged to death the subject of how does a PPL log a succesful check flight. My question is, how does the instructor log it? As the PPL logs P1 I do not see that you can do the same, but surely as you are using your skills to check him/her and should be ready to step in if not up to par you are part of the crew and not JUST a pax (maybe this is where the CAA SHOULD let a PPL log P1/s and then the instructor could log P1)

BEagle
17th May 2003, 05:21
Examiner or Instructor is Commander and logs P1C.

Applicant logs P1/S for successful test, Pu/t otherwise.

Since it's only P1C time which mattes for licence purposes, it's not that big a deal what the applicant logs - he/she/it does NOT log P1C nor claim to be the Commander.

StrateandLevel
17th May 2003, 22:04
JAR-FCL 1.080 (c) (iii)

The holder of an instructor rating may log as PIC all flight time during which he acts as an instructor

(iv) The holder of an examiner's authorisation may log as PIC all flight time during which he occupies a pilot's seat and acts as an examiner.

Foxmoth
As an Instructor you should be familiar with JAR-FCL, it contains most of the answers!

foxmoth
18th May 2003, 00:03
S&L - you may know the JAR-FCL off by heart , but I do not think that applies to most of us and I don't have a copy at home, yes I could have looked it up at the club, but as I am not there every day I thought it may be easier to ask here - surely one of the reasons for the forum!:*