PDA

View Full Version : Secret Boeing Business

ccy sam
15th May 2003, 09:30
Criusing along the other day on the way to Perth ,fat dumb and happy. Push the N1 limit key[737 NG]. Along with the GA and Max Cont N1 limits there was also a CRZ N1 listed that was less the the max cont limit. Can anyone tell me what this criuse listing is? I cannot find an explanation anywhere in the Boeing manuals.How does it relate to the Max cont N1 limit? Any references to a manual explanation would be appreciated.

mutt
15th May 2003, 12:28
Hate to disappoint you but it certainly isnt a secret, Max Cruise N1 can be found for ALL Boeing aircraft. Take a look at your cruise charts and observe what limiting thrust they are based upon.

Basically, Max Cont is for emergency purposes, Max Cruise is derived in the same manner for normal operations.

Mutt.

ccy sam
16th May 2003, 09:57
Thanks Mutt. Any idea where Boeing states this in thier manuals, its not listed in the limitations section?

mutt
16th May 2003, 15:09
It is in the Boeing Jet Transport Performance Methods manual under the section on "Ratings". This manual can be downloaded from myboeingfleet.com

Mutt.

quietwing
18th May 2003, 12:52
ccy sam I was alble to find a reference in my Operations Manual on page 11.41.23 Hope it helps.