PDA

View Full Version : Brize Zone - IOU 1 pint

G SXTY
12th May 2003, 18:25
A big thank you to the very helpful guy on Brize Zone (119.9?) yesterday afternoon. Not only did he give us an extremely welcome RIS (in both directions - through some pretty grotty wx), he kept us fully informed of the comings & goings at Kemble, and let us transit his overhead for a grandstand view of loadsa VC-10s.:ok: What more could a puddle jumper ask for?

Difficult to say thank you on a busy frequency, so I hope he’s monitoring this one!

Yours truly,
A satisfied customer!

tmmorris
16th May 2003, 20:00
Frankly I owe the nice people at Brize Radar lots of pints, given the @rse I occasionally make of flying in their vicinity - a very nice lady was only the most recent to point out politely, 'I suggest you adopt a more northerly heading as your present heading will take you into the Brize Zone...'

Tim

SevernTMA
23rd May 2003, 05:51
Always good service from Brize Radar when I'm puddle jumping...thanks everybody.
I have two questions though:- do you prefer use to transit the zone on your QFE? And would you prefer us routing via the overhead or clipping the corner of the zone. I understand all traffic scenarios are different on the day...but generally what is best for you?:hmm:

moony
4th Jun 2003, 04:15
Kind words about Brize, most appreciated.

SevernTMA

Just noticed your request for info. We have some standard routings through the zone which provide for seperation against IFR inbounds and outbounds. Some are specific `route 1nm east/west of the overhead AT 2000ft QFE`, others less so `route no closer than 8nm east/west of the airfield NOT ABOVE 1500ft QFE`, in this case, because flying on the QFE will provide for 500ft seperation, flying on the RPS just gives an extra few feet. Routing via the overhead is normally at 3000ft QFE, unless that level is in use by IFR traffic. Purists please note, we are aware that in class D airspace there is no requirement for VFR traffic to be seperated from IFR traffic but that is the way we do it here.

Stand down to MATO's
5th Jun 2003, 04:00
For a REAL service, go a bit further north and talk to Shawbury.

moony
5th Jun 2003, 04:09
G SXTY

The guy that gave you the service that you complemented is aware of you thanks

vintage ATCO
5th Jun 2003, 04:19
Purists please note, we are aware that in class D airspace there is no requirement for VFR traffic to be seperated from IFR traffic but that is the way we do it here.

A man, or lady, after my own heart, apropos page 3 of the thread about Brum! Thank you ;)

VA

The Nr Fairy
6th Jun 2003, 23:21
I did post in Mil Pilots before, but having just seen this thread thought it might be more appropriate here.

23rd May - back from Wellesbourne to Thruxton in an R22, routed east of Brize because of VC10's in the circuit.

Eventually routed direct over the top of the second of the pair as it was on its approach. Never seen a VC10 from on top before, and if I hadn't chickened out and climbed an extra 500' it would have been even more spectacular. Thanks to whoever managed to arrange that one.