PDA

View Full Version : Report-Fly in, Caernarfon, 4.5.03

WelshFlyer
5th May 2003, 01:55
Well,
Our fly-in was a bit of a fiasco. We only had 3 aircraft fly in. The weather was foul, 20kt cross-wind peaking at 35kt/s.

:(

Maybee we'll organise a fly-in sometime later in the summer and hope that it'll be better than today.

Still, best out of a bad job, I got an hours flying lesson in.

WelshFlyer.

Negative 'G'
5th May 2003, 03:30
Oh thats a shame to hear, I was planning on coming to Caernarfon for the Fly-in until I got a TAF this morning:( Please do arange it for another date:D but preferably without the Bank holiday weather. I'd imagine all this weekends Fly-ins have been affected by the wx unfortunately:(

Is it true that an airshow is planned at Caernarfon this year with the Red arrows booked to attend :confused:

Neg G

WelshFlyer
5th May 2003, 19:13
Hi,
Yes, it was a shame that the weather let us down! Typical bank-holiday conditions. Today it is sunny, one of two cumulus clouds at 1000amsl, and wind 5kts gusting 7.

Enough of the weather though. Watch this space, any future fly-in at caernarfon or mona, and I'll post it here in the private flying forum.

I don't know of an airshow this year, but I'm a bit out of touch with Caernarfon these days, as I fly from Mona. There usually is an airshow, sometimes quite a big one as far as Caernarfon goes. I'm not sure about the Red Arrows, but normally we do have a couple of 'spits and two years ago we had a two aircraft team from Russia.

I'll get some more information for you from the lads down at Caernarfon. I'll post it here as soon as I get it.

WelshFlyer