spekesoftly
2nd May 2003, 18:05
Mon 5/5/03 CH5 19:00 - 19:55 'When Pilots Eject' - repeat

Tues 6/5/03 BBC2 21:00 - 22:30 'Warship:atWar' USS Abraham Lincoln

Thurs 8/5/03 CH5 20:00 - 21:00 'Pearl Harbor' - repeat

Thurs 8/5/03 BBC2 21:00 - 21:50 'Horizon: Flight 587'

Thurs 8/5/03 ITV1(Central) 23:00 - 23:30 'Airbase'

Source: R.T. All Times BST

Apologies to the purists and mods if some of the programmes don't quite fit the forum title, but hopefully of some interest to most PPRuNers.

CamelPilot
3rd May 2003, 16:49
There is no harm at all in putting up forthcoming TV programmes. I am glad someone takes the time to do it.

vintage ATCO
3rd May 2003, 18:05
And one from the radio. . . .

DOCUMENTARY: Was it a Bird or Was it a Plane?
Channel: BBC Radio Four
Date: Monday 5th May 2003
Time: 21:00 to 21:30 (starting in 2 days)
Duration: 30 minutes.
Howard Stableford explores what we have learned from birds in our quest to build the perfect flying machine.

VA

CamelPilot
3rd May 2003, 20:04
................except when you link to a commercial site! :eek: Sorry ATCO had to take your link out.

vintage ATCO
3rd May 2003, 21:46
:D:D:D

They don't pay me, honest!

spekesoftly
4th May 2003, 02:00
This begs a question that has often crossed my mind, even after re-reading the 'rules'. Many times we see cries for help e.g:-

Q. "Where can I get a replacement widget for my underwater treacle bender?"

A. See www.AceWidgets.co.uk

99/100 it is fairly evident that there is no self interest or personal gain, but is this still frowned upon?

Or should I simply not ask! ;)

B767300ER
4th May 2003, 02:09
Whatever happened to "Mr.Blobby" ? I used to see that on layovers, and it was a crack-up!

Is "Blue Watch" still playing as well?

Hilico
4th May 2003, 03:06
I tried AceWidgits and it says there's no such site. Did you type it in right?

Channel 556, Discovery Wings. Great to dip into but they repeat the same three programs all evening, and in total they seem to have a fortnight's worth.

CamelPilot
4th May 2003, 03:45
Hilico that was either a LOL or you..........................nah, you can't be serious :D

speaksoftly

It is a contentious issue. Sometimes the site is innocuous, sometimes mildly commercial and sometimes very commercial. For this reason PPRuNe HQ made the rule that there would no links to any site that had any commercial offers. Those sites that are of interest only are welcome.

The reason is actually easy to understand. All the ads you see around the site are paid for. Given just that, it would be unfair to allow any links to sites that are commercial and do not pay to advertise.

However, when you need a question answering, say "e-mail answers ONLY."

Hope that explains the reasoning.

corsair
9th May 2003, 05:50
No B767 Mr Blobby is off primetime TV thank goodness, he does appear on the odd kids programme although I haven't seen him in a while. I don't have kids so have escaped the chore of kid's TV. Noel Edmonds his mentor has disappeared into the mists of TV obscurity again thank goodness.

Blue Watch I presume you mean London's Burning is still going or was until last year. But I think it's getting burnt out and is probably past time it was extinguished.

Ok I'll get my coat.

But first, in terms of aviation TV programmes don't forget the Discovery channel while not available to everyone it has a good range of aviation programmes which it repeats endlessly for a while, some from terrestial sources. It's re-showing the Dambusters re run for those who missed it on C4.