PDA

View Full Version : TAFs on a website

Courtman
2nd May 2003, 07:18
I'll post this here in case any technically-clever people know the answer to this, coz its confusing me at the moment!!!

TAFs on a homepage (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=88791)

Thanks for your advice and help!

:ok: :ok:

drauk
2nd May 2003, 07:34
Posted a response in the other forum. Just as well you put this here because I'd never have read your message over there.

RichyRich
2nd May 2003, 19:05
I followed Drauk's direct link to the NOAA site, and was interested in seeing the disclaimer at the bottom, something along the lines of Don't use this for flight planning!

I haven't seen a similar disclaimer on the Met Office's site. I assume its OK to use the Met Office site for planning? (Not that I need to, yet, hopefully very very soon, as I'm still only half-way? through my PPL).

tacpot
2nd May 2003, 23:08
But you will see on the Met Office website a statement that the CAA require the Met Office to record who accesses the site for met. inforamtion. If you have a weather-related accident, expect the CAA to query with the Met Office whether you obtained all the weather information available to you prior to the flight...