PDA

View Full Version : Old Warden Information Circular

vintage ATCO
2nd May 2003, 00:46
There is an Aeronautical Information Circular out which gives info about visiting Old Warden on both display and non-display days:
http://www.ais.org.uk/aes/pubs/aip/pdf/aic/4Y107.PDF

(you need to log in to see it)

VA

QNH 1013
2nd May 2003, 04:35
Interesting reading - it seems to give more info that the sheet that O.W. themselves send out.

Aircraft and weather willing, I'll give you a call on Sunday; ZULU 23.

2Donkeys
2nd May 2003, 20:18
What a fine piece of writing :D Do you know the author? :D

Spitoon
3rd May 2003, 01:27
Weird innit? :confused:

When they redesigned the AIP they took all the information on unlicensed airfields out - presumably because if it doesn't have a licence it doesn't exist as far as the CAA are concerned.

Now we have an AIC - from the CAA? - that describes the procedures to be used at an airfield that isn't even listed in the AIP.

When I think about it, it gets even weirder!

vintage ATCO
3rd May 2003, 03:14
I've got a copy of the old AIP entry for Old Warden. I wish it were still in there but as they are only licenced occasionally then I guess it doen't meet whatever criteria.

I wrote the AIC and submitted it to AIS a few weeks ago, based on the annual one issued for Duxford. I hope you find it useful.

VA

Tall_guy_in_a_152
3rd May 2003, 04:41
Thanks for that. I plan to fly up to see the collection later this year for the first time. I'll probably bring my Dad for his Birthday.

What a great present - I get to enjoy it just as much as he does!

TG.

vintage ATCO
6th May 2003, 00:08
QNH 1013

Picture of your fine aeroplane on my web site :ok:

---------------------
VA
www.stevelevien.com

Blatant plug coming up, BRL feel free to delete . . . .

If you are thinking of visiting Shuttleworth more than once this year, consider joining the Shuttleworth Veteran Aeroplane Society (SVAS). Free entry to the collection on weekdays (inc free landing if you fly in), concessionary admission on display days, discount in the shop, three magazines a year AND you will be contributing to keeping the Collection's aircraft flying!

http://www.shuttleworth.org/collection/svas.htm

VA

QNH 1013
6th May 2003, 01:50
VA,

Many thanks, I feel flattered to have 'Hotel Charlie featured! I'm glad no-one filmed the take-off roll - the wind and I had quite a dual.

I was impressed with the slick refueling and transport for visiting aircraft and crew this year. Please pass on my thanks to all the other volunteers who make such a fine day possible.

Those of you who believed the TV weather forecasts and stayed at home missed a great day. I even got sunburnt.

Grandad Biggles
6th May 2003, 05:32
Just remember VA and I have a photographic memory and hope to see a significant improvement on your next visit:D

BlueRobin
6th May 2003, 19:31
Great photos Steve. Good to see the Bristol Fighter flying. Miseed that last year. And that Vagabond is sooooo pretty. :\

stiknruda
6th May 2003, 19:59
Steve,

Nice pic of a beautiful Pitts taken at Cranfield last year, too!!

Thanks

Stik