PDA

View Full Version : Florida PPL Training

hkwannabe101
30th Apr 2003, 12:32
Looking for some advice.

I am considering going out to Florida to do my PPL later in the year, and I have been looking at Blue Sky Aviation in Venice, Florida.

Does anyone have any experience with this school?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jinkster
3rd May 2003, 18:38
I don't have any experience with this school - but the airport at Venice is great. I did my PPL at Orlando Flight Training in Kissimmee.

I flew into Venice for my hour building quite regular - fantastic approach over the beach and the resturant 'Sharkys' is not to be missed.

Hope this puts you in the Florida mood.

Jinkster

GoneWest
5th May 2003, 04:59
Could you just confirm - before we go any further that you want an FAA PPL - not anything else.

hkwannabe101
5th May 2003, 08:15
Jinkster - indeed it does, I can't wait to get out there.

GoneWest - hoping to get fATPL and everything else I need to become a commercial pilot, so this will be just the first step down a long road. But one that I am very much looking forward to taking!!

GoneWest
5th May 2003, 11:32
HKW - perhaps I should have been more specific. Let me try again...

"What NATIONALITY of licence are you hoping to get"

FAA, JAA or yet another?? It makes a difference.

hkwannabe101
5th May 2003, 11:36
GW, apologies, I should have been more specific.

JAA

Plan is to do the PPL in USA because it is cheaper then UK, but then go back to UK for everything else.

B2N2
9th May 2003, 23:05
Blue-sky Aviation is a small flightschool, I think they got 3 planes and it's pretty much run by one guy called Bob.
He's a nice guy...a career flight-instructor.
Only does FAA ratings though.
Hope it helps.

onehunga
10th May 2003, 01:09
Jinkster is right, don't miss Sharkys.

parkair
10th May 2003, 05:22
If you are interested in obtaining a UK rating in Florida, check out Pelican, located at Hollywood/North Perry airport. The operation is run by a British couple, and I understand that they are CAA approved for the PPL. And don't be put off by the comments about the weather! Hurricanes do occur, but are not that frequent. Thunderstorms are, but in the Everglades area are often quite localized, and usually one can divert to one of the many local airfields and wait for an hour or so for things to clear up.