PDA

View Full Version : Newcastle Charges

Griffbms
29th Apr 2003, 19:14
Does anyone have any information on the current situation with GA charges at NCL ? I remember hearing that Management are or were, about to 'squeeze' light aircraft and based private operators out of residence!
Any idea of current S/E fees etc for based aircraft would be greatly appreciated...thanks very much

Griffbms

long final
29th Apr 2003, 22:35
Not sure now. The last time I went it cost me circa £50 - that was before the charges were supposed to go up :uhoh:

I used Samson (think they do all the GA/bus. jets etc) can be contacted on 0191 214 4111. They do discount the handling fee if you fill up with fuel. (They were very helpful and friendly)

I personally take the 2 hour drive now, I got sick of being ripped off and won't be going back :(

LF

Flyin'Dutch'
30th Apr 2003, 00:58
Indeedy,

Best ring them to find out the estimation of costs.

Have yet to find an airport where the end fee paid matches the estimation or where there is any sort of price consistency for visits in same aircraft on different days.

Have fun

FD

Griffbms
3rd May 2003, 23:51
LF and FD

Thanks very much ...I've tried written to NCL, so hopefully
I'll find out soon enough....

Cheers

G

2Donkeys
4th May 2003, 00:29
Samson handling is friendly enough, but the price levels are clearly designed to keep light aircraft away.

Teesside is a much better deal.

Stampe
4th May 2003, 02:47
Try www.newcastleairport.com look under facts and figures heading then fees and charges.All seems very complicated though.Pity my company sends me up to NCL to fly the big ones for week stretches at a time I normally drive up instead of using my own light aircraft which lives one mile from my home ,we don,t encourage light aviation in this country.Amusingly my front door in Kent to NCL hotel time is 5hours by scheduled airline 4 hours 30 minutes by car.So its far cheaper quicker and much much less hassle by car than scheduled air!!.And you get to take those lethal nail clippers with you!!.:rolleyes:

Griffbms
4th May 2003, 03:06
2Donkeys - Thanks for that..

Stampe....absolutely right, we seem hell-bent on restricting GA in the UK ...not to mention the everyday hassles of doing our regular jobs too ! (Nightstop kit inspection etc...!) I never thought I'd say this but there are times when driving is the better option !. I see what you mean about the EGNT website section on fees !

Cheers
Griffbms

oli carley
6th May 2003, 02:15
it only cost me £9 on my qxc to land at newcastle using samson jet centre. that was in a robin hr200

Jolly Tall
6th May 2003, 04:09
Likewise Oli (or something similar), but that was 3 years ago. How recently did you do yours?

Maybe Leeds - assume you went from there in Robin 200, given your W.Yorks profile - have reciprocal arrangement with EGNT for QXC's? If so that may not reflect the standard SEP handling fee.