PDA

View Full Version : Air Cadets

29th Apr 2003, 05:09
Hi all, Can anyone tell me the maximum age to join the Air Cadets because i keep hearing all these ages and i dont know what to believe. Thanks for your help

Best Regards

sss
29th Apr 2003, 05:28
http://www.air-cadets.org/

have a look here

BAe 146-100
29th Apr 2003, 05:43
Hi,

I'm in the Air Cadets and I'm 13. The minimum age to join is 13 and that is the best age to join, if you are 15 or 16 I think that is to late to join. Good Luck! :D

Kind Regards
BAe 146-100

Another St Ivian
29th Apr 2003, 06:06
Youngest you can join is 13, youngest you can become enrolled is 13 and 3 months. The max age you can be in the Corps is 20 basically, it gets a little complicated though.
I wouldn't say 15/16 is too old, admittedly you may have a shorter time in the Corps but then again you have maturity on your side. I know guys that joined my sqn at 16 and are doing very well.
If I were you I would contact my nearest ATC unit soonest and talk to them, they will be able to set you straight. Don't hesitate as I am sure many people will agree with me in saying its one of the best things you can do between 13 and 20.
P.S. Just to give you a taster, I took these while flying with the ATC a while back: http://www.cyborg2000.fsnet.co.uk

A.S.I

TheFox
29th Apr 2003, 19:03
The max age for joining is 18, the maximum ages for cadets is 20 (22 for cadet warrant officers).

4-the-break
29th Apr 2003, 22:25

Cant recommend the air cadets highly enough. I joined at 16 and got a lot out of it, Flying Scholarship, good friends and plenty of memories to mention a few. If you're after a career in the RAF as well it will stand u in good stead at your interviews. Im now UAS and it helped me greatly. Thanks to Another St Ivian for the link, vid of the RIAB was particularly good.

Regards:ok:

simon brown
2nd May 2003, 21:13
I joined the ATC in 1980, had my first flight ever in a Chippy out of Filton. Doing aeros and looking up at the Severn estuary was fantastic. Learned to fly before I could drive, got some fanstastic flights in all sorts of RAF hardware had a great time on summer camps etc. Ended up a CWO and eventually a Civilian Instructor for a bit. A good grounding for joining the forces (you need to know what you need to salute at and what not to) My previous flying experience stood me in good stead when i did my PPL as well. ..