PDA

View Full Version : Re-fuelling and PAX safety

newswatcher
28th Apr 2003, 20:32
Leaving MAD on Saturday evening (c 20:00hrs local). Bus carries us out to aircraft which is being re-fuelled. Bus parks about 10 feet from refueller. Doors remain closed and we wait about 5 minutes. Suddenly bus lurches forward, and we end up about 60 feet away after 180 degrees turn. When hose is disconnected, we drive back again to original position.

Any safety "rules" infringed?

Bokomoko
29th Apr 2003, 03:04
In my point of view: Yes. There’re some “rules” that must be observed during refueling. For instance: Distance from refueling devices – truck, hoses, etc - and other vehicles or personnel not involved during that procedure, ex. catering and cleaning services, cargo and pax boarding, etc. My airline instructs crews and ground staff to alert all passengers prior to boarding the airplane to avoid some actions, like taking pictures using flashes, use of cell phones, lighters, matches, etc. They seem obvious, however I’ve seen some passengers smoking just after leaving the airplane…So, bus maneuver and boarding beside a fuel truck are not quite unsafe, but must be avoided if safety instructions are not followed.
bkmk