PDA

View Full Version : Celebratory mini-bash tonight!

Whirlybird
26th Apr 2003, 18:12
Aerbabe and I are going out for a meal tonight to celebrate my passing my FI test yesterday. If anyone would like to join us, be at the main entrance to the car park on Market Street in Llangollen at 7pm; I will wear my garish Gatbash badge saying "Whirlybird". PM me if you want further details/directions. Apologies for the short notice, and taking up bandwidth with this; it'll be deleted tomorrow.

flower
26th Apr 2003, 18:30
Congratulations Whirly :ok: sorry I can't make it i'm working other end of Wales !!!

Flower xxx

Evo
26th Apr 2003, 18:35
WELL DONE Whirly :ok: :ok: :ok:

BRL
26th Apr 2003, 19:52
Nice one Whirly. Very well done indeed.

Llangollen is such a great place, I have spent lots of time at the chain bridge hotel there in days gone by, also enjoyed the music festivals in the past.

Have a great time tonight, you deserve it. :)

LowNSlow
26th Apr 2003, 20:40
Congratulations Whirl. :ok: :ok:

I'd love to join you but I'm currently sunning myself on the North Caspian :uhoh: :uhoh:

pilotwolf
26th Apr 2003, 20:59
:(

Shame you couldn't have made it last night!

Have large one for me!

:ok:

Fly Stimulator
27th Apr 2003, 02:31
Excellent news Whirly! :ok: :ok:

I trust the cats will be getting a celebratory meal as well - they like to be included at important moments!

Shaggy Sheep Driver
27th Apr 2003, 02:37
I'm drinking a toast to you in Sainsbury's Medoc as I post, Whirls. Well done!

Llangollan, eh? Lovely place. Sometimes run out to there on the bike.

Enjoy.

SSD

Keef
27th Apr 2003, 03:52
Shucks! Got this too late to react.

Congrats, and greetings from Llithfaen! We were within 5 miles of Llangollen earlier, but I wasn't checking PPRuNe at the time.

Saab Dastard
27th Apr 2003, 04:13
Whirly,

Well done!

I just happen to be drinking champagne anyway, so I can toast you with bubbly!

Cheers

SD

LowNSlow
27th Apr 2003, 13:43
So how's the head this morning ladies :suspect: :suspect:

knobbygb
27th Apr 2003, 16:13
Well done Whirly - I know you've worked hard for this (with just a little bit of playing hard thrown in for good measure, of course).

Now, if I ever have the desire (and cash) to take egg-whisk lessons I promise to look you up...

:cool:

Kolibear
27th Apr 2003, 17:05
Congratulations Whirly, :) :) If anyone deserved it - you did.

Whirlybird
27th Apr 2003, 17:52
LownSlow,

Now come on - did you REALLY think we'd be up at that hour?

We waited, but unsurprisingly it was just the two of us. We had a meal, then drove home and drank wine and stroked cats and prooned...fairly normal evening really. I woke up this morning and realised I'd had enough rest to go from exhaustion to relief to euphoria....I'M A HELICOPTER INSTRUCTOR!!!! :) :) :)

OK, after that totally untypical outburst I promise to settle down and be quiet and sane and serious, as befits my new status. ;)

LowNSlow
27th Apr 2003, 18:33
I'm four hours ahead of you Whirl and having a quite Sunday morning due to having an early (flu induced) night last night :hmm:

Have you ordered the white shirt and gold bars from Transair yet :ok: :ok:

TheKentishFledgling
28th Apr 2003, 01:38
Nice one Whirly!

tKF

DOC.400
28th Apr 2003, 02:55
Hey nice one Whirly!!

DOC

Skylark4
28th Apr 2003, 06:23
Well done Whirly, congratulations.

Mike W

FlyingForFun
28th Apr 2003, 17:15
Congrat Whirly - knew you'd do it!

FFF
------------

Circuit Basher
28th Apr 2003, 17:58
Whirly Well Done, Whirly!!!

Sorry I didn't make it to the Mini-Bash at LlanGollyWog! I have memories of camping there at a canoeing weekend - there was heavy overnight frost and my trunks were hung on one of the tent guyropes to dry. They were frozen solid, so had to warm them under the armpit to get them flexible enough to put on! I think the screams as they got put on were enough to waken the inhabiitants of Welshpool! ;)

ariel
28th Apr 2003, 18:12
Only just read your post, very well done - knew you'd get there.

eveepee
28th Apr 2003, 20:26
And another Well Done and Congratulations from me too.:D

AerBabe
28th Apr 2003, 20:48
Guess I should add a public

WELL DONE WHIRLY!!!

to the congratulations I've already passed. :ok:

treadigraph
29th Apr 2003, 00:19
Congratulations Whirly! :ok:

MikeSamuel
29th Apr 2003, 01:45
Wow! I wasn't even aware you were doing the FI Whirly! Seems like only yesterday you had the CPL...
Congratulations, is this going to be a new career for you? Or just a sideline to flying competitions and magazine articles?!
If I ever have the £ I will defo be booking in to the Whirlybird school of flying, but I'm afraid it will have to be a Hughes or something as I am scared of R22s! :O
Best of luck with everything...and don't forget to keep your hand in on the fixed wing too!!!

PPRuNe Pop
29th Apr 2003, 01:53
This is the third time I have put a post here Whirly, to wish you heartfelt congratulations on a tenatious achievement. It really is a great feather in your cap and one which will flutter for a long time to come.

Now go and show 'em how it is really done Whirly. x

Whirlybird
29th Apr 2003, 02:12
Thanks people. I haven't deleted this thread as promised, because to be totally honest I'm thoroughly enjoying reading all the nice comments. :) MikeSamuel , I'm hoping to be able to instruct parttime, ie get paid to fly helicopters while I carry on with everything else I do. At the moment I don't have anything definite, though a few possibilities. However, if anyone really wants lessons from me, schools will always employ you if you bring your own students. Moderators, I'm not advertising, merely stating a fact.;) I'd like to do a bit more f/w flying too, now that I might have the time...maybe do a taildragger conversion and/or buy a share in something. But not yet. I'm somewhat broke and tired right now...maybe next year....