PDA

View Full Version : A320 type rating - where can I renew?

fireflybob
25th Apr 2003, 21:02
I am looking into the feasibility of revalidating my A320 type rating with view to gaining employment. It is just eight years since I have flown the a/c (1750 hours on type in command) and technically require the full conversion course. I have circa 9,000 hours on medium/heavy jet transport a/c, the holder of a UK ATPL.

If anyone out there can recommend an agency which would be suitable for this task (preferably at least expense!) I would be grateful for any details.

I have also considered the idea of revalidating my B737 rating but my perception is that I would be more marketable with the A320 - any observations on this would also be welcome.

Thanks for any help.

alaister
29th Apr 2003, 06:41
Hi I hope this helps, although I'm only guessing since I can't even fly yet. I Was looking at the GECAT site and found self-sponsored type-rating on the A320. Probably not the cheapest around, but I think it is what you are looking for

http://www.gecat.com/self.asp

Regards

thegypsy
29th Apr 2003, 15:26
Fireflybob As all rules seem to have changed what with JAA etc I suggest you see CAA at LGW first as what you fly at present might affect what is required of you.

When I got my A320 rating I did it throgh a Eurocypria Training Capt using BMid sim at LHR and flew a few circuits down at Larnaca,although I was current on A340.Each case then about 4 years ago was treated on it's merits bit as I said the ball game has changed since then since JAA no doubt.

Ps I also kept my B737 rating current using a GB training captain.Once you are 5 years and 6 months out of date I think you may be required to do full course.