PDA

View Full Version : Looking to work overseas

Madiba
21st Apr 2003, 20:44
Hi there!

I am a TWR controller (former TWR/APP) working for the DFS in Munich. And to put it mildly I am (and so are many others here!) becoming increasingly irritated with the company and living costs here in Germany:*.

I grew up in South Africa and have seen the posts about controller requirements in Johanneburg. Does anyone know, whether there is a need for ATCOŽs in Cape Town? If so, who knows more about working hours and renumeration and who can I correspond with?

Another place of interest would be Australia. Anybody from ASA around who can tell me more about work in OZ? I visited Perth TWR back in 2000 and rather enjoyed it, wouldnŽt mind Sydney or Melbourne either.:D What are the chances of getting into Australia? Are you in need of controllers?

Would appreciate any feed back!

Thanks

22nd Apr 2003, 01:31
As far as I know Cape Town isn't looking for ATCs, only Smuts!! OZ isnt looking for guys either. Good indicator of this is the fact that theyre planning to lease a bunch of ATCs to ATNS for up to 18 months. If you want more info from ATNS, try their website. I checked with them recently and they said a APP/ACC radar license will earn you R12-13000/month after taxes. I think you're doing much better than that in Munich. Besides, Munich is a nice place with the Oktoberfest and so forth:}

Madiba
22nd Apr 2003, 23:45
Hi 126,7!

Thanks for your reply..... DoesnŽt sound too good with ATNS, and Smuts isnŽt where I want to be..... my brother still lives in JoŽburg and had his mountainbike hijacked off him at gunpoint! Basically all the people I know there have had violent encounters of some kind..... sad but true!:ugh:
Munich is quite lekker, but Germany is almost broke and even with a fairly good salary you simply cannot afford to buy a house around here which is depressing and rather annoying! Taxes are incredibly high (for me round about 50%!) Added to that is the often kak weather, especially in winter.....

But there must be a place somewhere...... Anybody out there who knows a nice warm place in need of controllers?;)

ZRH
23rd Apr 2003, 00:46
Howzit Madiba
You could allways come and join us in Zürich! We pay less tax than you do in Germany, and have a few openings. As far as the weather goes,.....same sh.t you have on that side of the border boet! There are no sunny places other than in the middle east, and thats maybe a bit too much sun for some.

Madiba
24th Apr 2003, 04:10
Hi there ZRH!

Thanks for writing! Sounds interesting...... iŽll write you an email...

Plazbot
24th Apr 2003, 08:11
serco are always recruiting for the sandpit.

Coast
24th Apr 2003, 10:36
Madiba
Come to Canada, the weather is really hot here, barely a dusting of snow this year!!:yuk: :yuk:
On the bright side we've got the best biltong in North America;)

Barnaby the Bear
24th Apr 2003, 23:29
I would move to Canada like a shot! But do you accept ADC only??? ....I would even consider leaving Kylies bed!:}

Madiba
25th Apr 2003, 03:41
Another nice place!

Where exactly do you work, coast? How is life in Canada? Company ok?

And Barnaby where do you work (in Aus. I suppose)? And can you maybe tell me more about Airservices Australia? Do you need people?

Thanks sofar for your replies!!:ok:

Canoehead
25th Apr 2003, 09:30
Madiba: Schreib mir mal: [email protected] Wolfgang in Canada

Coast
25th Apr 2003, 12:12
I'm in Toronto, the weather is great as long as you like 9+ months of winter (read snow and freezing rain). The one Oz that came here said he USED to think ASA was the worst company to work for! Still it could be worse, I could be in Montreal;) ;)

Barnaby, I try Australia in a second, but, I've appraoched ASA but I don't meet the prerequisit of being a legal immigrant.

Canoehead, what sector are you in?

Cheers:ok: