PDA

View Full Version : London City Zone

Stampe
21st Apr 2003, 02:46
Anyone like to confirm the rumour I,ve heard that the London City zone is about to be enlarged eastwards?? details please:confused:

Warped Factor
21st Apr 2003, 04:05
There is currently a proposal to extend the north and south boundaries out by 1nm and the eastern boundary by 1.5nm.

This to better accomodate the aircraft that are now operating in the Zone as opposed to those that were using the airspace early in the life of City Airport.

ATCO Two will likely have more info.

WF.

ATCO Two
21st Apr 2003, 04:09
Correct. The proposal is out for consultation at the moment. The City Zone is inadequate for its purpose of protecting IFR flights by current aircraft types, and needs to be expanded to the East by one and a half miles, and by one mile both to the North and to the South of the current Zone boundaries. Your friendly EGKB SATCO can provide you with details. You are invited to send your comments to ATC Operations at Heathrow, not to me!!!

RomeoTangoFoxtrotMike
21st Apr 2003, 05:13
A map of the proposed change is online here (http://www.ballooning.org.uk/londoncity/airspace.jpg).

Bright-Ling
21st Apr 2003, 06:10
Well said ATCO 2.

Not extended out to the West, as published internally then!!!?!?!

Tee hee

Barnaby the Bear
21st Apr 2003, 16:57
How is that Brummie getting on at EGLC?:}

SATCO Biggin
21st Apr 2003, 19:52
ATCO 2...

<<Your friendly EGKB SATCO can provide you with details. You are invited to send your comments to ATC Operations at Heathrow, not to me!!!>>

Do I detect a slight tone of unhappiness in that sentence?

I wasn't aware that I was providing an information service for all those wishing to know about NATS Ltd's wishes to expand the City Zone! Also on checking my paperwork I find your name at the top of the accompanying letter inviting comments in return.

For all the others reading this thread the aerodrome owners at Biggin Hill considered the application for the zone extension and decided to register a negative position. An unfortunate stance to have to take as Biggin ATC work closely with Thames/City Radar and we found ourselves in an opposing professional position.

This is not the time or place to go into details of the argument pro/con the extension but I understand that the proposal went to debate with NATMAC and NATS Ltd were told to carry out further consultation. Perhaps ATCO 2 can confirm or correct this statement as we do not receive any direct feedback from these meetings.

Regards

TMC

A Nonny Mouse
22nd Apr 2003, 14:45
Which Brummie,

City seems to be over-run with them at the moment. Oroit!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bright-Ling
22nd Apr 2003, 17:36
But surely that is better than the Yorkshire folk!!! (How is Arkwright anyway?)

It will be full of Cockneys soon...............and a Belgian?!?!

Barnaby the Bear
23rd Apr 2003, 19:23
The Brummie...........Chaz........The one that necks a bottle of Vodka for breakfast (Off duty days of course). :yuk:

wobblyprop
23rd Apr 2003, 20:17
damn, that's gonna screw up the VOR let down for 04 at stapleford ;)