PDA

View Full Version : Who posts the most?

Whirlybird
20th Apr 2003, 06:08
I just found out that you can get a list of PPRuNers in order of their number of posts. So I started reading them, and was surprised at how many of the regulars on this forum were in the top 100. Here are the ones I noticed, with their ranking from the top; apologies if I missed anyone out:

BEagle 9
Aerbabe 10
FlyingForFun 11
Big Red L 20
Genghis the Engineer 26
Whirlybird 34
Tinstaafl 45
LowNSlow 55
The Nr Fairy 76
Keef 81
VFE 97
Aussie Andy 100

Don't know what this proves, if anything...but just thought you might like to know. :)

Barney_Gumble
20th Apr 2003, 06:56
Not the quantity, but the quality that matters ;)

Unfortunately I exhibit neither at number 504 in the list :)

LowNSlow
20th Apr 2003, 07:09
Thank God for internet access provided by employers who appreciate how there can be lulls in your workload :ok:

BRL
20th Apr 2003, 07:53
Wow, I am only at 20.!! I will have to start telling you lot off a bit more until I make it to the top ten....... :E ;)

Lost_luggage34
20th Apr 2003, 08:05
Not even on the list :mad: But did the computation account for joining date ?

Evo
20th Apr 2003, 17:21
I've got another 1000-odd from the time before Evo7 became uncertain of password. Reckon I'm about equal with you Whirly. Not sure if that's a good thing or not... :)

Monocock
20th Apr 2003, 17:55
Without sounding like too much of a :8 , how do I find this list cos I've been looking for ages without success.

Whirlybird
20th Apr 2003, 18:12
Evo,
I lost about 400 in some server changeover. Come to think of it, should I really be admitting this? :eek: It would probably put me close to the Top 10!!!! Ah well, everyone knows I'm a PPRuNeaholic. I recently realised there are more people in aviation who know me as Whirly than who know me by my real name!

Monocock,
At the top of this page, click on "member list". When you get there, it gives you the option of listing the members - all 60,000 or so of them - by number of posts. Interesting reading - if you're as bored as I was when I did this. :) I think only about 50 people have more than 1000 posts. And while all the ones near the top are household (PPRuNehold?) names - in chat, going to bashes, or just on all the forums - I very quickly stopped recognising most of them. Seems like maybe the top couple of hundred contribute more than the rest put together...though that's a guess.

Andy_R
20th Apr 2003, 18:33
A miserable 887th, though this should take me up to 882nd :p

Shame you can't list by number of words, FFF would surely be a long way in front!!!

And we all have some way to go before matching Danny @ 65534.

Kingy
20th Apr 2003, 19:50
An idle search reveals that nearly 35,000, yes thousand, of those registered have never posted at all - what's that all about? :confused:

Kingy (Mr 1000 and something... but a rising star:= )

Genghis the Engineer
20th Apr 2003, 23:33
Knowing that I post too much, I'm just relieved to know that there are 25 people who are even more sad and lacking in people to talk to than I am.

G

Lost_luggage34
21st Apr 2003, 00:17
Aerbabe for sure - but some very mind stimulating posts

Mr Drapes - green lights in the woods ? I'll reserve judgement on that one.

Anthony Carn has to win the prize for the funniest posts. Most of them make me fall off my chair. Please keep it up kind sir !!

Your CRM briefing must be an absolute hoot.

Perfect PFL
21st Apr 2003, 00:48
Before the website changed to it's current format (I don't remember when that was?) and I only really used the wannabes forum, I was on something like 400 posts I think. It seemed to reset in the time I didn't use it for a few months though, during which time the board changed as well. Now I'm down to 30 odd.:confused:

Tinstaafl
21st Apr 2003, 06:42
I lost 1300 posts in a server crash.... :O :rolleyes:

FlyingForFun
22nd Apr 2003, 18:21
I must catch up with AerBabe

I must get a life
I must get a life
I must get a life
I must get a life

Oh dear. I guess this post goes down as one that adds to the quantity, but not the quality, of my postings.

FFF
---------------

AerBabe
22nd Apr 2003, 18:33
I'll deliberately misunderstand that and suggest you email me if you want to catch up.

:8

ratsarrse
23rd Apr 2003, 18:16
Incredibly, I'm in the top 500, but have yet to post anything remotely interesting, useful, informative or funny. This post hasn't changed that...

Circuit Basher
23rd Apr 2003, 19:25
When I checked yesterday, I was about 412th. Given that I changed ID around 15 months ago from CircuitBasher (without the space), it's not bad going!