PDA

View Full Version : Identify the Aeroplanes

vintage ATCO
20th Apr 2003, 04:57
Been at Old Warden this week. took some obscure photos of bits of aeroplane. See what you can identify here http://www.stevelevien.com/owcomp.htm

If you feel inclined to e-mail me the answers, I'll mark your score. Don't mention them here. Answers in about a week.

Also, thanks to Hairyplane, took some nice shots of Old Warden from the Air http://www.stevelevien.com/owviews.htm

(Edited to correct link to aerials shots of OW. Thanks spekesoftly.)

--------------------
vintage ATCO
www.stevelevien.com

spekesoftly
20th Apr 2003, 06:12
The link for the aerial shots of Old Warden - can you please check that it works?

Airbedane
20th Apr 2003, 14:10
The link worked for me.

Nice one VATCO!

A

TomPierce
20th Apr 2003, 14:14
Certainly working OK now.

Airbedane
20th Apr 2003, 14:16
The link worked for me.

Nice one VATCO!

A

spekesoftly
20th Apr 2003, 17:11
Great photos - Thanks v.ATCO.

Inverted81
23rd Apr 2003, 16:02
:D
Great photo's v.ATCO and Hairyplane... hope to see those shots for myself this summer :}

c
edited: can't spell!!

DeepC
24th Apr 2003, 17:15
Great Photos. I live within the vicinity of Old Warden and I have spent far too many hours sitting watching the world go by on the grass at Old Warden. It really is a different world. I really envy the Shuttleworth Pilots and visitors who fly from here. It is locked in a different era and looks so much fun. If any of you feel that they would like a local to come along for a ride I am available!

I've got some fairly decent shots of some visitors to Old Warden. I remember when I first got my camera I took some photos of a black and red Moth. I'll dig them out and see if I can scan them in and post them on the net.

My younger brothers watched in amazement some of the display flying last week. Had a couple of very excited phonecalls from them describing all sorts of fun and games in planes. Flying through 'goal posts', flour bombing etc.. I caught the Spit flying some fairly manic manouevres whilst sitting in a Jam on the A1.

Keep up the good work at Shuttleworth.

Cheers

DeepC