PDA

View Full Version : B727 fleet replacement

IrishTexanFlyer
17th Apr 2003, 01:21
Hello,

If you had a fleet of Boeing 727's that were used on domestic routes what aircraft would you replace them with?

Lets say you had $5 Billion to replace the aircraft.

B737NG, B757 or Airbus?

BTW Does anyone have the list prices for Boeing aircraft?

Thanks,

Notso Fantastic
17th Apr 2003, 02:13
That's quite a question for a PPL! Are you playing a computer game of 'Airline Mega-Executive' or something?

IrishTexanFlyer
17th Apr 2003, 06:50
Notso Fantastic,

No not interested in 'Airline Mega-Executive'. Soon to be leaving PPL for CPL/IR soon. I need the info for something I am doing at college thats all.

Cheers,

None
17th Apr 2003, 07:43
Were you making money with the 727? What kind of profit margin did you have? How much control do you have over the price of your product (are you a charter outfit?)? What is the forecast for passenger loads by the time you expect to take posession of the new aircraft? Are you able to arrange custom financing for a specific jet? Who do you have in mind to do your maintenance, and are they able to do so for the 737NG, 757, A320, MD80, 717? What are the stage lengths for your operation? What kind of turn-around time are you planning on? Are you trying to improve something specific over what you had with the 727 (you will improve almost everything, but is there something specific you need, like the ability to haul loads out of MEX or DEN for 2,000 nm)?

Rabbit
17th Apr 2003, 13:33
Easy...second hand A310's.

Reasons; Cheap, relatively modern with good pax appeal, International freight compatibility, very efficient, very flexible(short/long haul), qualified crew available, and the list goes on but the main reason is cheap as there are many available.

Have a nice day

Shore Guy
17th Apr 2003, 13:47
If I were a U.S. Airline Executive, I would follow in the footsteps of my predecessors.....What is in it for me? What shell company can we set up as a leasing company? Can you deposit monies in an offshore account? and so on....