PDA

View Full Version : Rochester , Did we win ?

A and C
17th Apr 2003, 00:54
Today I got a letter from Medway council and I am sure that a number of you also have one , but I cant make head nor tail of wht the council are doing.

Perhaps some one could enlighten me !.

BRL
17th Apr 2003, 01:15
Hi. Any chance you can post it here or send it to me as an e-mail please? Ta.

Keef
17th Apr 2003, 02:59
I got one as well. It says they have considered the objections made to the plan proposals, and are adopting the plan without any further modifications.

Sounds to me as if they are ignoring all the objections, but I may have misread their intention.

Sir George Cayley
17th Apr 2003, 03:28
I was left scratching my head after reading their letter today, but eventually concluded that we lost.

I'm forwarding my copy to the Campaign for Plain English as an example of gobbledegook

Commiserations to all on the Medway

Sir George Cayley

The air is a navigable ocean that laps at everyones door

rex
17th Apr 2003, 03:35
Got self same letter this morning and just as confused.

The documents are available for inspection on 16th April, today (only today?) at local libraries and Civic Centre, Strood, a few other council offices and the Medway Extra which I am perusing as I write.....

It says the same as the letter.....tells you ****** all really. I wonder whether the documents are available tommorow.

REX

:mad:

PS
Perhaps it may be different, I would like to think that the council aren't a shifty lot but the letter makes one think otherwise. Will definitely vote them out in May.

eveepee
17th Apr 2003, 04:05
One popped through my letter box today too. I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't know what it meant, but it doesn't sound hopeful..:{

Fly Stimulator
17th Apr 2003, 04:07
Mine came today too. I assume it means that they're going to carry on doing exactly what they planned to do before they started the 'consultation' exercise.

A and C
17th Apr 2003, 14:44
I have emailed this thread to the bloke whos name is on the bottom of the letter telling him that the letter was a waist of public money , no doubt he will not be bothered one one little bit , however once we can make some sence of what exactly is going on then we should plan the next move if required.

I for one will not be fobbed of with letters that clearly have the intention of making me lose interest in the subject.

PFLsAgain
17th Apr 2003, 15:29
Got the same letter too. I took it to mean that they have ignored all of the objections and are going ahead with their original plan. Is there going to be an appeal? If so, please post here how we can help.

knobbygb
17th Apr 2003, 17:19
Well mine didn't come until today - we're north of Watford you know!

Anyway, seems pretty clearly worded and unambiguous to me. 'Medway Council propose to adopt this plan without any further modification'.

I suspect the documents are on display from 16th April, but then again, it wouldn't surprise me if it was just that one day (yesterday!) - very convenient.

Dop
17th Apr 2003, 17:58
I suspect the documents are on display from 16th April...

In a locked filing cabinet in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying "Beware of the leopard", no doubt!

buzzc152
17th Apr 2003, 19:00
What is the original plan ?? Are the going to bulldoze over the airfield or something ???

ps, 3 spare seats in an Arrow at Elstree for the fly-in to Sherburn if anyone is interested.......