PDA

View Full Version : EGCC Stop Bar F3

Scottie Dog
15th Apr 2003, 20:31
Could any of the Manchester controllers please confirm the exact location of this new position? It does not appear on the new ground charts effective from 20th April.

Also I see that A6 is moving a few metres further north. Will this be lit, as I do not recall any recent closure of A or D that might have facilitated the work required?

Many thanks in advance.

Scottie Dog

ps - silly point, but if the airport can afford to move A6, could they not have installed a new stop bar that would have made your job easier by introducing a new block for use in LVP's!

cossack
15th Apr 2003, 22:08
Hi Scottie

F3 is, funnily enough, north of F2. It is only a painted stop bar and therefore day use only. It is only used northbound after crossing 06L to hold short of J, rather than the more cumbersome use of K1 which requires a right turn after leaving the runway and then a left back onto J, which is what we have to do at night.

As for A6 moving, as you say no work has been done here so I don't think it as moved. Its more likely to have been a diagrammatical change/error only.

Not long now!
Cheers

Scottie Dog
15th Apr 2003, 22:21
Thanks Cossack - I knew that you would come up with the answer.

I presume that you mean on the direct 'daytime' line that cuts the corner from F to JF and south of J - ie abeam the grass island from K to J.

The new plan for A6 puts the stop bar as being just before the junction of A and D - rather than by the firestation.

As you say, not long now!

Scottie Dog

bagpuss lives
16th Apr 2003, 02:46
I'm not aware of any plans to move A6 :)

Then again, I've been wrong before and I'm sure I will be many times again :)