PDA

View Full Version : I've joined the Club

Snigs
13th Apr 2003, 17:26
I'm a happy chappie because yesterday I took my first pupil, and I've joined the ranks of those who get paid for flying! :eek: :ok:

nasib
13th Apr 2003, 18:40
The next problem will be to decide what you are going to do with all the money you will be making.

Tonker Towns
13th Apr 2003, 23:05
Good for you Snigs

Countless people short of experience and hours who don't do much about the situation, and your on the way with your first "COMMERCIAL" job.

Well done

Snigs
13th Apr 2003, 23:52
Yeh, right nasib.

They're obviously paying you loads down there at the "bad weather" airport. :p

OZAZTEC
14th Apr 2003, 06:51
Well Done Snigs

You beat me to it - I received mine this week too. :ok:

So far 4 TIF's, great fun and what I always wanted to do!
This thursday will have my first real student lined up before the rating

Here in Melbourne competition is hot and the market weak but will keep pushing on for new students.

Best of Luck to you and all out there.;) :D

Mister Geezer
15th Apr 2003, 00:48
nasib

The pub sounds like a good idea to me!

BroomstickPilot
16th Apr 2003, 04:08
Snigs,

Congratulations!!! However, have you read my reply to your post on payment methods? The relevant Inland Revenue document is IR 35.

Very best wishes for the future.

BroomstickPilot

marshall
16th Apr 2003, 11:35
Here in Melbourne competition is hot and the market weak but will keep pushing on for new students.

Join the club....:{ :{ :{

Snigs
16th Apr 2003, 15:07
Thanks for the advice Broomstick, I'm trying to work around the 2 client thing, bit of a bugga that is!!

Hyper Piper
17th Apr 2003, 03:29
Nice one Snigs.

Enjoy the good ones and don't let the bad ones kill 'ya!

Fly as many different types as 'ya can too 'cos you're not paying for it now.

BroomstickPilot
17th Apr 2003, 04:18
Snigs,

A thought occurs to me. So far as I am aware, in order to comply with IR 35 the work you do for your multiple clients does not all have to be the same kind of work.

If, let us say, you were previously an accountant, then so far as I am aware there is no reason why you can't do accountancy work for one client and flying instruction for your flying club client, provided the memorandum and articles of association of your limited company cover the provision of both kinds of service. A bit of a fudge, but it might just keep you legal.

Check this, as I could be wrong, (but I don't think I am). Get a copy of IR 35, read it and then talk to your accountant.

Good luck,

Broomstick.

Andy_R
18th Apr 2003, 19:56
Broomstick

You are as far as I am aware, correct in your assumptions as long as it is all under the umbrella of the same Ltd Co.
Indeed under whatever name you choose to trade, you could supply instructor skills to one organisation, deliver pizzas for another and write short stories for another (even if none actually get published you are "working" toward that goal). As long as you have documented proof and expenses for all then even though it may be a little fudged you are operating legally.

I don't know what liabilities are involved in supplying instructing skills and therefore whether it is worth the hassle of a Ltd Co. Maybe Snigs could consider the route of least paperwork and just be "Snigs trading as ......."

AerBabe
22nd Apr 2003, 04:49
Great news mate! Very well done. Tell me which school so I can come and have a lesson with you. ;)