PDA

View Full Version : A change from Eurocontol to Nats?

Pilot 1500
11th Apr 2003, 18:49
I am sure this has been asked before but i couldnt find anything on it....
Is it possible to train and work for Eurocontrol and then, years down the line switch and work for Nats? If so, is this change easy and is it done by many??

Cheers guys

zed3
11th Apr 2003, 22:28
About 20 plus years ago (just after the dark ages) a few of the early ab-initio Eurocontrollers went to the UK and from what I remember had to requalify ie. do all the courses again at the School. Don't know what the situation is like now though.

MinimumRest
12th Apr 2003, 01:31
I posted the exact same question about 18 months ago whilst in the process of applying to both.

Best reply I got was ''very few people ever want to leave EuroControl for NATS......."

MR XxX

Lon More
12th Apr 2003, 20:58
In the late 70's early 80's a number went to the UK with varying results:
2 of AI1 had to follow most of the course at Bournemouth: 1 is now medically retired and living in Lancs (Hallo Mick) The other, having seen most of the UK is now in Manchester, allegedly most of his colleagues wish he was retired in Lancs:O (JOKE Jim!!)
1 ex ATCA2 refused by CAA went non state - well known spotter and author - last I knew was working at Shoreham.
1 ex ATCA3 went back as ATCA3
1 ATCO2 went back as ATCO2 I believe later removed from duty after trying to cause an airmiss
Only the last three had previously worked for the CAA, as was, and the last two were on secondment.

Lon More