PDA

View Full Version : Return to Welshpool!!

window-seat
11th Apr 2003, 06:26
Dropped into Welshpool last weekend, my first visit since finishing my PPL back in 2001. I must congratulate the new management for having invested what looks like alot of time and cash on the facilities. The airport looks fantastic, and very busy too (never seen so many choppers there)!! I can recommend a visit if your passing that way (free landing vouchers in a certain mag as well)!! Hope to visit again soon, and good luck for the comming season. ;)

W-S:cool:

tmmorris
11th Apr 2003, 16:43
Funnily enough I went there yesterday on a similar return visit (I also did my PPL there in 2001 - when were you there? I was late July/early August) and thought it was smart but rather quiet compared to its previous existence - not many planes, no maintenance facility, no-one much around. I also had trouble spotting the field - shows how a couple of years away can affect one's abilities, as I never used to find it difficult!

One day perhaps they'll use the tower...!

Tim

READY MESSAGE
13th Apr 2003, 16:42
Did my PPL there in 95, looking forward to a few trips back there this summer. Kind of missed the place!! Are the bacon butties back on and are they as good as they used to be.....?????