PDA

View Full Version : V.A.C Fly In Turweston

max roll rate
11th Apr 2003, 05:08
The vintage aircraft clubs daffodil rally is this Saturday if you want somewhere to go .
There is also a fly in for skybolt types the same day

fingers crossed for the weather
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

SlipSlider
15th Apr 2003, 01:27
Max, as a first time visitor to a Turweston VAC fly-in, I thought it was a really excellent 'do' - I joined VAC on the day, so I shall be back.

Well done all involved - especially those on the A/G radio!
:ok:

Slip

max roll rate
15th Apr 2003, 05:36
:O Thanks for your kind words I will pass them on to my team, there were 3 of us in the tower that day and we all thought it went well, but we were slightly worried by the comments made in the other thread, may be we will have to change our operation in the future, bit of a shame as it works!.
See you next time
:ok:

Wide-Body
15th Apr 2003, 06:14
Max roll rate

Do not change the way you operated on the comments of someone trying to prove a point. Dissecting mouse turds is quite common on this site. The vast majority of pilots were impressed by the A/G at Turweston. All commands I saw and heard on Saturday passed by the ground were beyond reproach. Some people are just not impressed in the way that Duxford run A/G. If people don’t want to play by their rules don't fly there. (If pilots don't have the flexibility to operate at different airfields stay on the ground)

Do the same again, next time PLEASE. A/G works. Compare Waltham vs Booker on a busy Sunday. Booker has much bigger Delays. I am not having a go Wycombe they just have to operate different rules.

Looking forward to the next fly in at Turweston:ok:

I will be there and if others don't like the way you do things they can read about it on PPrune:}

Regards

Wide

LowNSlow
15th Apr 2003, 06:24
Sat 19th, look for the Auster with the BIG reg on the wings

edit: Wrong weekend