PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair Denounced by Junior Pilots

ADFS
7th Apr 2003, 01:12
A post written by pilots employed by Ryanair in radiocockpit.com
should stir up a scandal very soon.
Check it out...
They sign off as " angry and frightened Ryanair pilots" and mention drug and alcohol abuse,flagrant safety violations amongst many other " cheap " methods of low cost ethics, including Mr OŽLearys " psycopathic business style.
I suppose he invented SARS as well...
:yuk:

Dubliner No.1
7th Apr 2003, 02:26
Seems to be en Francais, so a bit pointless unless you speak French?

FatFlyer
7th Apr 2003, 03:30
Je speak a petit peu of Francais but could find this thread, drink drugs, sex !! sounds fun, when can i join?
I would be very cautious before spreading this sort of rumour, I can smell a big law suit. Perhaps the chaps at radiocockpit did too and removed it ?

ADFS
7th Apr 2003, 03:33
Try on http://www.extracrew.com/foro/mensajes.asp?CODE=5824&PAGE=1&NEXT=1
a spanish web under the thread as follows:
Cias bajo coste, merece la pena ? by eleya

It is is english so go ahead folks

Forgot to mention....go to " FOROS " ( forums, in english )
Yes, I suppose some people at Ryanair could easily be upset but so be it...
:confused:

Edited to put the avtual url in place! :rolleyes:

FatFlyer
7th Apr 2003, 03:55
Muchas gracias senor.
Just read the english translation on the spanish site. The authors seem very bitter about something, the drug abuse, as far as I could make out, was a small amount of cannabis found in cabin crews hotel room, probably not a significant risk to safety?
The few ryanair pilots I know may have a few whinges, but no more than in any other job.
If i were that unhappy, i would look for another job, even if was non flying.

Dubliner No.1
7th Apr 2003, 05:17
I wonder.

Claims that passengers travelled without Passports? I have had the pleasure of travelling with Ryanair and always was asked for my passport. The Papers are full of stories about people travelling home to see sick parents and children and being turned away because they had forgotten their passports and implying Ryanair are the worst people in the world.

Its also my opinion that in every group of people no matter where in the world no matter what the profession there are always those who are "casual" drug users. Its almost always the exception to the rule. I don't think all other ryanair pilots should be tarred with the same brush. Maybe I'm wrong?

If their story is genuine however they have now given themselves another thing to worry about and that is a possible lawsuit.

Danny
7th Apr 2003, 06:41
This story is about a year old and a load of b0ll0cks! it was refuted here on PPRuNe back then! :rolleyes:

Waste of time and old news!

Dubliner No.1
7th Apr 2003, 10:21
I'm still pretty new to PPrune so forgive me if this is an obvious question.

Have any lawsuits been succesfully taken against person/persons for comments made on PPrune or radio cockpit? Did the individuals mentioned above find themselves in trouble?

Sick Squid
7th Apr 2003, 11:14
Dubliner, off-topic point, suggest you start a thread on another forum if you want to explore that avenue. Answer no with regard to PPRuNe though, however we do have to remain vigilant.

Anyway, yes, this topic was beaten to death a while ago here. If you really look hard, you might find it using the search function. Closing this one down.

Squid