PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful Day

Dop
5th Apr 2003, 23:20
What with crappy weather and a business trip to Australia, I've not had a flying lesson since January 4th. On top of that, I've been waiting to start learning navigation since about November, but even when I did fly either the weather wasn't good enough or we didn't have time.

Today changed all that. Not only have I broken a three month gap, but I also did a nav flight Biggin - Chelsmford - Faversham - Biggin.

Good visibility, lovely sunny day, absolutely perfect.

I'd been worried after a three month gap I'd be a bit rusty, but it all started coming back once I sat in the plane, and my first landing since January was spot on, nice and smooth...

I'm dead chuffed with that...:D

Ian_Wannabe
5th Apr 2003, 23:58
Another person in the same boat as me - wehey!

Same kind of thing has happened to me, been waiting to do my nav for ages now, and today was the day it all came back.

Hawarden - Crewe - Wrexham - Hawarden = Me very chuffed :p

Its strange isnt it. You wanna do ccts but its too windy, but then you finally get that nice sunny day with great vis and complete your ccts.

Then you get onto cross country and its not windy like it was before, only to stop you from flying this time its sunny with haze...... you can't win in this country!!

Safe flying ;)

Ian