PDA

View Full Version : Its looking good for the weekend

Northern Highflyer
4th Apr 2003, 20:54
I am sure we could start one of these threads every other week but I can't resist.

It's late Friday afternoon and I am already thinking of tomorrow and a leisurely trip taking a friend and his nephew over the North Yorks Moors towards the coast, down towards Hornsea and back inland again, gentle breeze, CAVOK, view for miles around, and a drink back at the ranch when I return...........ahhhhhhhhhh bliss

Well it gets me through another week in a boring job !!

Anyone else having the same thoughts ????

:cool:

rupetime
4th Apr 2003, 20:58
Yes - typing this with fingers crossed that the weather holds out for tomorrow when, if all goes well, my ppl training hours breaks into double figures !!!

rt

Circuit Basher
4th Apr 2003, 22:09
Our Club a/c is on annual (awaiting repairs to magnetos), so it'll just have to be down to me mooching around at the gliding school looking useful and hoping someone will take pity on me ;) :p

Genghis the Engineer
5th Apr 2003, 00:20
Not quite in line with you, my thoughts are going towards Duxford.

G

Dusty_B
5th Apr 2003, 00:23
And we're flying off to look at a (potential) new steed :) :}

rotorcraig
5th Apr 2003, 01:18
I'm hoping to fly over to Peterborough Conington, first land away since my PPL(H). Have cancelled bad wx last two times planned, looking good for tomorrow!

RC

PPPPP
5th Apr 2003, 13:49
My third attempt at QXC is scheduled for Sunday. What's the betting the haze reappears down and its cancelled again?

VP8
5th Apr 2003, 17:34
Stuck in the office looking after our Antonovs beautiful day here at STN!!!

VEEPS:(

High Wing Drifter
5th Apr 2003, 18:59
My third attempt at QXC is scheduled for Sunday. What's the betting the haze reappears down and its cancelled again?
Seems to be few Cumulus around much of the time indicating some unstable air so I imagine excelent vis all weekend :D

Bottle Fatigue
6th Apr 2003, 05:47
Well, I've had a top weekend.

Did some aeros on friday, 'twas clear as a bell above the cloud, bit hazy beneath. Bit of a "character building" approach to land though - wind was varying between 20kt down the strip and 20kt at right angles to it.

To top it all, went gliding today - first time! Where's the f***ing engine?!

Think I might have to go again, that kind of thing is seriously addictive.

BF

Northern Highflyer
7th Apr 2003, 17:22
Vis wasn't anywhere near as good as it was on Friday but I still got a trip in. Must have hit the only cloud in the country @ 1500ft but it was a challenge.

Hope all you others got your planned trips in.

Ghengis - how was Duxford ?

PPPP hope you got the QXC done. A friend of mine did his on Saturday and he said it was tough going in some poor viz between east Mids and Humberside.

Gliding sounds like fun but not sure I could relax without that whirly bit on the front :O

Aussie Andy
8th Apr 2003, 04:47
Hi all,

I had a fabulous flight on Saturday morning with some visiting friends over from Australia. We flew from Wycombe via BNN (its near my house for photos you see) then north via Aylesbury to Siverstone for more photos (always lots of "ooohs" and "aahs" if your pax are motor racing fans and have only ever seen it on the tele!), then into Sywell for a quick change of fron seat pax, then back to Wycombe.

I was so glad I managed to book an aircraft for Saturday, and not Sunday as I had originally wanted (nothing was available)! Sunday was a bit of a mess down here.

See for yourself anyway - taken at Silverstone:
http://members.lycos.co.uk/andyhardyuk/Silverstone/P1000862.JPG
Andy

Fly Stimulator
8th Apr 2003, 06:36
Nice picture Andy. sennadog and I passed over Silverstone at about 10am on Saturday on our way to a private strip (well, paddock really, complete with sheep) west of Northampton before carrying on to the Duxford fly-in. If we'd known you were up there too we'd have given you a wave.

Great day's flying on Sunday too - Denham, Wellesbourne, Oxford, Denham in the left seat of an SR20 :cool:

Aussie Andy
8th Apr 2003, 21:27
G'day FS, well according to my log we left Wycombe at 09:25 and arrived at Sywell at 10:25 (local), so must've been pretty close to clocking you ;)

Andy

rustle
8th Apr 2003, 21:35
Quite a crowd...

mrcross and myself were overhead Silverstone at 0950L Saturday, en-route Coventry then Duxford.

Didja see us :rolleyes:

Aussie Andy
8th Apr 2003, 21:58
Must'a missed ya by 10 mins...

Northern Highflyer
11th Apr 2003, 21:34
Lets hope this weeks vis is better than last weeks. :}

Aussie Andy
11th Apr 2003, 21:39
Don't care: its my first IMC lesson :p

Fly Stimulator
11th Apr 2003, 21:43
That settles it - I'm sticking to the east side of London this weekend! ;)

I'm starting the IMC soon too, but I'll be doing it from Lydd - far enough out of the way to give the rest of you a sporting chance, yet close enough to Calais to be able to practice cheap approaches there with a decent lunch thrown in.

Northern Highflyer
11th Apr 2003, 21:59
Maybe I should start my IMC

That would guarantee fantastic clear blue skies for weeks :cool: