PDA

View Full Version : Luton Tower visit 29.3.03

phnuff
30th Mar 2003, 00:07
Thanks again to BigRedL for organising the visit and especially to Steve Levine who came in on his day off to take us up the Luton Tower. Great visit, much appreciated.
The link below should take you to a few photo's of the visit.

http://uk.photos.yahoo.com/bc/phnuff/lst?.dir=/upstairsatsteves&.src=ph&.order=&.view=t&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/

BTW, is it true RyanAir are entering one of their aircraft in formula 1 next year - boy do they taxi fast.

If anyone has trouble viewing them, PM me and I will mail them over

AerBabe
30th Mar 2003, 01:42
Yup, thanks to everyone involved. A really interesting visit. Thanks for the photos phnuff.

Quite how I managed to get lost on the way back to the motorway I still haven't worked out... :O

phnuff
30th Mar 2003, 21:53
Yep - it was nce to meet you all

charlie-india-mike
30th Mar 2003, 21:57
Arebabe

So that's why I didn't catch up with you northbound on the M1. I was a few car behind you going up the hill towards the motorway and then you seemed to dissapear.

Again thanks to all involved in organising the visit.

C-I-M

AerBabe
30th Mar 2003, 23:05
CIM - as I got onto the roundabout I saw a sign which said "M1 North" and for some reason thought I was going South...

phnuff
31st Mar 2003, 00:00
Lost on the road to the motorway from Luton. A scene too scary for 'bonfire on the vanities'

digidave
31st Mar 2003, 03:14
Phnuff,
Many thanks for posting your pics from the top of the tower. Many years ago I spent half a day up the old tower and have wondered what the view was like from the new one.

Thanks again for sharing.

DD :)

phnuff
31st Mar 2003, 04:05
DD - thanks for the 'thanks', but the real thanks go to those who organised it

Thanks again guys (and that is my last it of grovelling). As of tomorrow, I become ungrateful phnuff again

Kolibear
31st Mar 2003, 15:54
Thanks to BRL for organising it & Steve for showing us round - it was a great trip, even if we could only just see the ends of the runways!

It was also good to meet phnuff & CIM, hi guys! But I did wonder Aerbabe, why you turned right instead of left at the roundabout - I just assumed you knew a quick way back home to Milton Keynes.

phnuff
31st Mar 2003, 19:17
She went right then. Assuming you mean the roundabout at the bottom of the hill to the airport, she would have found herself heading for the now closed Vauxhall plant.

Aerebabe, how far did you get before realising your mistake ?

AerBabe
1st Apr 2003, 01:54
At the roundabout just before the motorway - J10a I think - I got in the middle lane to go straight on. Then as I got on the roundabout saw the sign saying "M1 North", thought "oops" and carried on round... ending up coming off the roundabout as if I'd turned left.
As I came off the roundabout I thought "silly me, I do want to go North", so turned around at the first junction and came straight back up.

phnuff
1st Apr 2003, 01:57
Ah, en route to Harpenden

Thats Ok, I had visions of you wandering around a disused car plant .

FlyingForFun
1st Apr 2003, 15:27
Must be something about AerBabe and car plants. The only reason she moved to near Milton Keynes was because of the Aston Martin factory! ;)

FFF
-------------

phnuff
2nd Apr 2003, 04:18
Now that is what I call a car !!!

Although, Aston Martin . . . . Vauxhall Nova. A close match I would, say