PDA

View Full Version : Arrow IV vs II

Ace Rimmer
28th Mar 2003, 20:40
I may have asked this question before (in the midst of another thread) so if I have sorry 'bout that. Most of my Arrer driving has been in a II and I'm looking at joining a group with a IV so what I'm after is thoughts on handling differences from those of you with experince on both types.

Final 3 Greens
29th Mar 2003, 03:39
Ace

If non turbo IV ..... T-tail means no pitch up/down on gear cycling.

T-tail makes you work a little harder in the flare, also she tends to like about 75kts for Vr.

If turbo, then you need to manage the MP carefully and performance is better at high altitude fields.

Both are Arrers and mainly the same.

Enjoy!

A and C
29th Mar 2003, 19:13
As three greens says the aircraft can be a bit hard to hold off in the flare but is a problem encountered when lightly loaded and at the front of the C of G range , so I would advise some balast in the baggage bay if you are new to the type.

The other thing is that due to the longer wing and less induced drag it will tend to float a little more in the flare so make sure that you are at the correct speed as you come over the hedge , dont be tempted to add a few knots for "safety" the flight manual speeds are the right ones !.