PDA

View Full Version : Dash 8 FO's

mile sigh
25th Mar 2003, 14:26
Does anyone have any info on the Dash 8 FO positions as advertised by Storm Aviation?
You,apparently have to pay for an endorsement on type and there are 6 monthly renewable contracts.
It does not state where the bases are but the Middle East
and Europe are likely.

any info appreciated thanks

Wanto Bewarm
13th Apr 2003, 11:50
I don't know if I'm allowed to show you something from another website but if you can't see the message go to http://www.avcanada.ca/alljobs.html In there they say that they are hiring for the Carribean. I do have a friend flying a Dash-8 in either Aruba or Antigua, can't remeber, but I'm not sure if he was hired by Storm.

Anyway, here is what the ad said in AVCANADA...

Date: 24 March 2003
Position: Pilot
Position: CAPTIANS AND FIRST OFFICERS
Aircraft Types: DASH-8
Company Name: STORM AVIATION CANADA INC
Contact Person: JOHN HANKIRK/ PRESIDENT
Street Address: 397 MEADOWVIEW TERRACE SHERWOOD PARK, ALTA T8H-1X4
City: SHERWOOD PARK
State/Province: Alberta
Email address: [email protected]
Fax number: 780-464-7803
Send Resume By: Fax Email
Job Description: Dash-8 Captains and F/O's required for 6 month contracts excellent accomodation provided in Caribbean location. Preference will be given to Air Canada Jazz pilots. MUST BE CURRENT ON TYPE
Closing Date: 15 April 2003

Hope that helped

JoeCo
13th Apr 2003, 16:12
I think that the job that Wanto Bewarm placed is a different one then the one that mile sigh was refering too. As a matter of fact, I recall that add by Storm. That was at least 6 weeks ago if not more, if I recall correctly. I even applied to the advert twice, regardless of my personal views on payng for training, but I never heard a peep out of them. Storm has been active in the job posting depatment but I have yet to hear anyone comment about an offer of employment. I'm curious if anyone was actaully hired for any of the positions?? Or maybe thier offers are just so good that nobody needs a second opinion, they just sign on the dotted line??

bcflyer
15th Apr 2003, 02:31
Not sure about the contracts in the middle east but I do know quite a few guys that are in Antigua right now. You are required to have a Dash-8 ppc to be considered as the company does the majority of its crewing with contract pilots. It is a 6 month contract, the accomodation for the guys hired through Storm is very good, the pay is ok, and you fly alot. Don't know alot more about the company than that sorry. Been told there are a mixture of nationalities working there. Quite a few guys from Jazz (Canada) as well as some from Europe and Australia I think (don't quote me on that!! LOL)