PDA

View Full Version : FI course near Luton

Devilbis
24th Mar 2003, 21:28
Any suggestions on a FI course in the vicinity (1 hrs drive) from Luton.

I am considering doing a course in the UK and may find cheap accomodation near Luton.

cheers,

devilbis

READY MESSAGE
25th Mar 2003, 14:15
Without doubt Dave Coulson at Cranfield Aero Club. One of those people that everyone should do some flying with at some point during their career. Appears a bit of a grumpy bloke at times but is a super instructor and will do everything he can to make you one too.

Cranfield is about a 30 min drive from Luton and there is loads of accommodation around. Cranfield University Halls of Residence are there if you get really stuck...... Aah, the joys of Mitchell Hall!!

www.aviationtrainingservices.com I think is their website.

Good luck!

HON
11th Apr 2003, 01:07
It may be a little more than an hours drive from Luton but I would recommend Chris Caine at C & S Aviation at Wolverhampton Business Airport. He is a very experienced FI instructor and also examines FI students (although not his own of coarse!). You will get a good value for money course with very through ground school included (more than the minimum - especially if you hit a spell of bad weather). He has a 100% pass rate for the FIC and has been teaching the course for 10+ years. All in all a good course taught by a good instructor.

Butter side-up
11th Apr 2003, 15:19
I agree with the recommendation of Chris Caine - he was my examiner for the FI course and was very pleasant and professional. He went out of his way to fit my test in at a time that was convenient to me - in the middle of a patch of really nasty weather.

I trained at Aeros in Gloucester - and was very pleased with my training. However, I guess this is a bit too far away for you.

Nearer Luton - you should try Wycombe Air Centre. The CFI there is Dickie Bird and is a very pleasant person to work with.

For more info - visit http://www.wycombeaircentre.co.uk/trainingcourses.html

I would suggest ringing WAC on 01494 443737 and arranging to visit the club and meet Dickie. His only days off are Tuesdays and Saturdays.

Good luck and make sure you enjoy the course.