PDA

View Full Version : Pa34-200T Fuel Capacity!?

OBK!
22nd Mar 2003, 01:59
Hi,

I thought I knew, but when filling in the aeroclubs specs on the computer I thought I better just check so I've been looking all over the net, and I have been flooded with different units of measurement for the Pa34-200T fuel capacity, which don't match up. I.E 93 gals, 558lbs etc etc, 252kgs?! :confused:

Does anyone know the Max fuel load and Usable fuel load for the Seneca II -200T version is? Preferably in Imp Gals or KGS.

Many thanks!

Thrifty van Rental
22nd Mar 2003, 05:54
Since you are based in the UK, I don't see how anything other than litres will be of much use to you.

Anyway. Senecas vary a lot, but in general the fuel capacity is around 466 litres.

However, if you want to know the definitive answer for that specific aircraft, you should get into the habit of checking the POH for the aircraft. This will also tell you about the weight and balance implications of using all that fuel capacity.

formationfoto
22nd Mar 2003, 07:40
OBK
Thrifty has it. I am afraid there were a number of different variants of PA34-200T with different fuel tank configurations and capacities. Mine had two main wing tanks. Another I flew had four tanks requiring pumping from aux tanks into mains. POH is the only place to look. From recollection our POH was in U.S gals but I may be mistaken.

A and C
22nd Mar 2003, 11:18
As the post above states there are a number of fuel tank options so you had better look in the flight manual for the aircraft that you are about to fly.

OBK!
22nd Mar 2003, 11:23
A case of RTFM! then :rolleyes: I've read it there before I think it's 93 GALS. Best make sure, but obviously I don't have manual, its about 100miles away! Doh!

Chilli Monster
22nd Mar 2003, 13:24
OBK!

Resd your PM's. If that is the aircraft you're thinking of let me know as I'm there Monday and can have a look for all the relevant figures for you.

CM

Stan Evil
22nd Mar 2003, 13:54
The two most usual configurations are 47.5 US galls per side (standard) or 61.5 US galls per side (long range). In addition there's 2.5 US galls unusable fuel per side. The capacity should be marked by the fuel caps and next to the fuel cocks (although I've more than once seen this label incorrect).

Normal cruise uses between 10-12 US galls per engine per hour.

The gauges are completely useless. Never take over a Seneca from someone else unless you can see fuel in the tanks.