PDA

View Full Version : Best place to hour build?

swisstony777
19th Mar 2003, 14:23
Hi guys,

Just thinking about popping over to Canada for a spot of hour building! Huge country, but wheres the best place to fly? Personally I'm drawn to Vancouver, but is this the best place for VFR flying in terms of WX during the summer months?? Also does anyone know any good schools which are use to dealing with UK pilots!

Thanks,

Swiss

Charlie Papa Lima
19th Mar 2003, 16:16
Check your PM's.

Feel free to e-mail me.

pittss2b
20th Mar 2003, 01:14
Greetings!

Most expensive places to fly in Canada are Vancouver and Toronto. Poorest weather are the coasts (east and west). Best rates and weather? In the middle!

On site accomodations and great rates goto www.harvsair.com We have 2 brits right now and expecting more this summer...even attemping to learn the JAA system 8-)

Adam
www.harvsair.com

skidcanuck
4th Apr 2003, 09:06
Southern ontario in the summer - lots of airports, great scenery, and ATC practice. Start in Burlington:O

battraveller
4th Apr 2003, 11:09
Vancouver is a great place to build hours over the summer. Other times of the year may have problems with IFR, but Vancouver is beautiful over the summer, one of the most enjoyable places in the world to be.

almostahovva
30th Apr 2003, 12:26
Victoria Flying Club (www.flyvfc.com) does a good block rate on 172s. Stunning scenery v. friendly and lots of pros around to give advice.

grundog
30th Apr 2003, 13:22
Hi,

Pse check you PMs for my email address. I'm a Brit instructor out here and have jumped through all the hoops in the last 6 months so drop me a line with all your questions and will do my best to answer them.

Cheers

:cool: