PDA

View Full Version : Comic relief?

warplane.co.uk
14th Mar 2003, 20:33
Seen today at the Linton Graduation, surprisingly it was removed before lining up!

http://www.warplane.co.uk/tucsaaaa.jpg

Grob Driver
14th Mar 2003, 22:27
Ah Warplane...

Why haven't we seen any photos for such a long time? No aircraft to photograph, or have you just refrained from posting them on here?

Cheers

Grob Driver

Roly
18th Mar 2003, 19:28
Nice piccy, but the state of that bodywork worries me - I've seen Arab taxis in better nick than that

Iron City
19th Mar 2003, 14:43
Aircraft obviously bought from the lowest bidder or services (at least in sheet metal dept.) by the low bidder. Paintwork looks good though

Genghis the Engineer
19th Mar 2003, 20:36
Having flown a couple pretty much straight out of the factory, I can confirm that they came like that.

Having said that, this must be a good one, I can't recall any where the FRC clip would actually hold the FRCs up.

G

Nopax,thanx
21st Mar 2003, 12:26
Could it be that all aeroplanes look like that.....it's just the gloss black that shows it up!

Lu Zuckerman
21st Mar 2003, 14:36
Perchance it was designed that way and when it was under the stress loads of flight the skin would smooth out. If you have ever seen the right side of a Wessex (S-58) it would scare the hell out of you seeing the skins buckle and ripple under a high power hover.

:eek:

Genghis the Engineer
21st Mar 2003, 14:58
You could be right Lu, but.....

You've never worked on a Shorts Aeroplane have you?

G

Lu Zuckerman
21st Mar 2003, 19:45
To: Genghis the Engineer

Hopefully the don’t still do that type of metalwork since they are doing major assemblies for Canadair (Bombardier) and also Airbus fuselage sections under subcontract from Bombardier

:rolleyes:

Genghis the Engineer
21st Mar 2003, 21:40
Hopefully.

I used to routinely jump between two we had at Boscombe Down which were successive serial numbers. The difference in headroom at the same seat height setting was about 2 inches.

There was also a wonderful story just after they got installed at RAF Cranwell. Somebody decided to line them all up for an AOC's inspection. So they were duly lined up, spinners all in a perfect line. Then somebody realised that there was about 10" of stagger between the backs of the rudders. I think the AOC was carefully shepherded to the front of the aircraft only.

And that's the stories that won't get me hunted down under the official secrets act.

G