PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the new modbod

AerBabe
14th Mar 2003, 07:06
Hmm... I see we have become so unruly the powers that be have decided we need 100% more moderation.
So, who is Keygrip? Come on, introduce yourself!

FlyingForFun
14th Mar 2003, 08:30
Ooh, well spotted!

New member, as of yesterday. Total of 3 posts so far - one on Private Flying, one on Flying Instructors, and one that doesn't show up on the search, so presumably in the Admin forum?

All very mysterious. But I'm sure our new ModBod wil reveal him/herself at a fly-in or bash some time soon?

FFF
--------------

Circuit Basher
14th Mar 2003, 08:55
Come back, BRL - we forgive you all your sins (well other than the one or two with AerBabe ;) ;) !).

Could just be that Keygrip's changed his name by deed poll!

Of course, Keygrip being of a US (more specifically, FLA) orientation, he may be able to give us the low down on what's happening within the murky life of Sateside FTOs at the moment.

AerBabe
14th Mar 2003, 11:49
Hey? Sins? With me? I don't think so! I keep trying to tell people I'm mature and responsible now. Wouldn't catch me fraternising with a Scouser. :}
FFF, I'm not sure you should encourage Keygrip to reveal themselves at a bash - it could lead to trouble with the natives. ;)

BRL
14th Mar 2003, 15:31
Hi all. Yes its true we have a new moderator. He will post his C.V. here when he has a bit of time to introduce himself. He brings to this forum a lot of knowledege from the usa schools and I hope he will be able to answer most questions thrown up in here from time to time. I have met the bloke once, nice chap, northerner too. Anything you want to know about training in the usa and he is your man.
we forgive you all your sins (well other than the one or two with AerBabe !).

:confused: :confused: Explain..?

Andy_R
14th Mar 2003, 16:38
I have met the bloke once, nice chap, northerner too

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Nice bloke AND a Northerner ???

;) ;) :D :D :D ;)

Just joking honest!!! We look forward to his introduction

Keygrip
16th Mar 2003, 02:42
Well – there was I thinking that these forums were all “anonymous”.

Arguable about the Northerner, though - people in the family tell me I was born near - but not in - in Worcester (though I don't remember it well).

The relevant part of the deal is that (because of the five hour time difference) I have been asked to assist Big Red L (who has done a brilliant job of keeping you rabble out of trouble so far) when the new look forum appears as part of the imminent Spring cleaning on Pprune.

For my sins I have flown some 5,700+ hours – just over 50% of them in various Countries in Europe, and the rest here in (often) sunny Florida.

For those tricky questions – I have a wonderful “little black book” full of telephone numbers for direct contact with many people within both the UK CAA and the US FAA.

I work quite closely – with both – in an attempt to ensure good quality flight training and safer skies.

I wish you all the very best of luck with your flight training and subsequent careers – if there is anything you want to know (and have tried to find it yourself, already), drop me a line and "Big Red L" and I will try to get the answer.

<edit: typo>

Andy_R
16th Mar 2003, 02:50
Welcome to Private Flying Keygrip.

May I be the first to wish you all the best as moderator (along with our esteemed BRL). I am sure you will have your work cut out :eek:

So we are being treated to a spring clean soon are we??