PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using flitestar....problem with Navdata

OBK!
13th Mar 2003, 22:21
As some may already know, I have been playing with Flitestar VFR today! Anyway, I installed the Navdata as it says but when I look at my local area there are few VITAL things missing...I just wondered if this was true for other users:

L975...class A, runs just south of my local airfield...very important that I know where it is with regards to my flightplaning.

B39...not there again

B3...not there

Also, it doesn't say frequencies of CTA's/CTR's. It also, to my amazement doesn't say what class they ARE!? Only in UK, it duplicates the airspace with a boundarylayer, you have to click seperatley on the boundary layer to find out what class airspace it is....otherwise, outside the UK it doesn't say....?! I just says either "CTA" or "CTR"..

Any comments much appreciated.

englishal
13th Mar 2003, 22:31
You can buy the VFR raster charts to install into Flightstar. These are essentially the same as the Jepp VFR / GPS charts, and contain all pertinent info for VFR flight [up to 5000' I think??]

cheers
ea:D

OBK!
13th Mar 2003, 22:37
Ahh! is that what they are....

Where do I buy them from? Are they just an image or something? Or can I click and investigate?!

englishal
13th Mar 2003, 22:46
You can buy them from any good pilot shop [one begining with T and ending in sair ...so I don't get done for advertising:D] or directly from Jepp [on their website I think]. They're just calibrated digitized charts, same as the paper ones...

Cheers
EA:D

Chilli Monster
14th Mar 2003, 04:26
OBK

Have a look at the Jeppesen (http://www.jeppesen.com) website. It'll give you details of any downloadable add ons.