PDA

View Full Version : Accomodation in Bournemouth

GR7
9th Mar 2003, 16:33
Can any NATS students past or present recommend any of the establishments on the college accommodation list?

Thanks.

AlanM
9th Mar 2003, 16:35
Just about all on the list is fine - especially the B&B's in Westby Road.

That's a good start, as most end up there and it is close to the pubs.

then you can form a click and get a house to rent!!!

Jerricho
9th Mar 2003, 16:43
I always found sleeping under one of the tables in "The Seagull" a good place (don't worry.....you'll get to know it!). If they try and turf you out, just say you're a Student ATC.......

Seriously though, the B and B's on Westby Rd in Boscombe have always been a popular choice.

TheFox
9th Mar 2003, 18:41
I found the Hawaiian and the Strand to be good, though it can be a bit difficult to get into the Hawaiian.

javelin
9th Mar 2003, 20:54
Reading this post brought memories flooding back - I was doing my ATPL in late '88 and stayed in a B & B in Bournemouth that was run by a couple of Dorothies - very nice place, no complaints. There were several ATC chaps studying hard including a chap from Biggin Hill - we ended up as No 4 and No 9 as I recall. What struck me was how much you guys need to know compared to us, I always had more respect for ATC folks after that - still doesn't stop me calling you names when you won't clear me direct though !!

Barnaby the Bear
10th Mar 2003, 10:00
I stayed in a holiday apartment. This meant you don't have the land lady watching your every move! However these tend to only be available during off season. Also The powers that be at CATC, don't often like you living alone away from the others. Its not good team playing.:yuk:
Javelin thanks for the comment about how much we have to learn. I have posted a copy up on the pilots notice board!!!!:}

CharlesDavid
12th Mar 2003, 10:21
You cant go wrong in The Seaway. It served me well!!!!!!