PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Flight Training - any comments?

reido
8th Mar 2003, 18:53
Has anyone done their PPL with Orlando Flight Training in Kissimmee Florida and are you able to share any of your experiences, comments etc. with me as I am thinking of doing their 3 week PPL there this August.

cheers all

Grob Driver
8th Mar 2003, 19:08
I’ve said this many times now on Pprune…

I did my PPL at Orlando Flight Training, and I would fully recommend them. I thought that they were a good professional school with some nice aircraft and a great atmosphere

If you have any specific questions, post them on here, or send me a private message, and I’ll do my best to answer them…. Some general advice… Do some exams in this country first, and if that’s not an option, make sure that you arrive in Florida ready to do some. If you can get the exams over with early, it will make the whole trip a lot more enjoyable.

Go do it reido…. You’ll have a great time.

paulo
11th Mar 2003, 01:58
(Review based on y2001)

Run as a 'business'. Good/excellent aircraft and facility. Some customer issues regarding quoted pricing/deposits. Was/is run by David Brent...

"Get this right, no really... there was this Indian pilot. ATC said 'do you have information Hotel'."

"And he says, 'no, we are staying with friends.'"

[picture a grin at the staff, followed by a 'heel spin' back to the 'office']

ger pols
12th Mar 2003, 07:52
I would go to Paris Air in Vero Beach !!
Why ??

Honest, reliable,excellant airplanes, they dont f..k you !!

Says who ??

FAA ATP, who has a lot of T-shirts, if it comes to Flight schools.

CrazyOne1203
15th Mar 2003, 12:00
I Flew at OFT Once and the quality of the planes was what disgusted me. They weren't taken care of at all.

highwinger
17th Apr 2003, 23:18
I did my PPL at OFT in two stages. I was unfortunate enought to be there on Sept 11th and everyone was grounded so had to come home halfway through my training. Went back exactly a year later and completed. It's a good school with friendly instructors and a relaxed atmosphere. I would also advise you get your theory out of the way before going because their groundschool left a lot to be desired depending on what Instructor drew the short straw for that day (none of them want to do it because I don't think they get paid for it).

If you stay at the Four Points it's nice you do get a discounted rate when you're with the school but OFT still manage to make a profit on your accomodation. The same applies to car hire. Great pool and you get to watch your fellow students fly overhead while you swim.

Another thing that will make a difference is the students on the course at the same time as you. The first time was great, drinking & partying nearly every night (amazing we did any flying really). The second time there was hardly any of that because the crowd just wasn't as up for it.

In a nutshell I would recommend them. I personally didn't have any problems with the aircraft. They had reliablility problems with Katanas the first time I went but they have since got rid of them. The instructors are great no one had a bad word to say about any of them. Would reccomend you check your bill against your logbook carefully before paying. You'll have a great time !!!! (You will be sick of eating steak though !!)

Hope that helps

BuzzBuzz
18th Apr 2003, 20:35
Never heard of Paris Air........unfortunate name at the moment though!

Are they JAA approved.....I think this guy is looking for JAA.

Keygrip
18th Apr 2003, 21:32
Buzz,

You've never heard of them - but you think they're looking for JAA.

Interesting combination of comments.

BuzzBuzz
19th Apr 2003, 02:22
I think you read my response a little too flippently!Never heard of Paris Air........unfortunate name at the moment though!

Explanantion: I have not heard of this school before.

Are they JAA approved.....I think this guy is looking for JAA.

Explanantion: As I have not heard of the school b4 I was wondering if they are JAA approved as I don't see their name mentioned elsewhere? It appearred that this is what the person wanted as we are in a UK forum for private course.

Quite simple really! :ok:

Wasn't trying to offend anyone! If you know something then pray tell and enlighten us all!