PDA

View Full Version : PFA web site?

Crossedcontrols
5th Mar 2003, 16:02
Yesterday I was asked for network login details??
Today the site doesn't even exist.

Anyone know what going on, or was it something I said?

CC

Stampe
5th Mar 2003, 17:10
I can,t log on so guess the sites down!!not that I visit often, sad to say as a member for over 35 years and a permit aircraft owner.Guess we,d miss the organisation if they didn,t exist though!!.

Fokkerwokker
5th Mar 2003, 17:11
Can't get onto it either

Windy Militant
5th Mar 2003, 18:36
Perhaps they're moving the servers to Turweston;)

stiknruda
5th Mar 2003, 20:15
I'll phone the PFA webmaster now!

luv

Stik

Rod1
5th Mar 2003, 20:35
So what did John say then?

stiknruda
5th Mar 2003, 20:38
Rod1

John? :confused: :confused:

stik

Lowtimer
6th Mar 2003, 09:36
Has anyone had a new copy of Popular Flying recently? It's hard to keep track of expected publication dates with a bi-monthly but it feels about time for one, and a couple of days ago through the post I got the usual see-thru plastic wrapper containing the usual classified advertising form, but no copy of PF! I was going to look at the website to see if there's a new issue of PF out, but can't get onto it. Anyone else had a similar experience?

Genghis the Engineer
6th Mar 2003, 12:03
Sounds like a cock-up to me, mine arrived in it's normal fashion about a fortnight ago.

G

Crossedcontrols
6th Mar 2003, 12:51
I received mine a couple of weeks ago (excellent one I must say).
Yesterday I was the lucky recipiant of a polly bag with the advert form inside. They must have forgotten to put it in the mag, so posted them out.

Any news on the demise of the web site?

CC

stiknruda
6th Mar 2003, 13:34
According to PFA HQ.......

The distribution company should have sent out the enclosure with the March/April edition.

March/April cover shows a couple in front of a KR2 and TURWESTON as the footer.

If you have not seen the mag yet, then wait until mid next week. If it has not landed on yr doorstep by next Wed lunchtime, then pls call Carol or Penny at HQ.

Still waiting to hear about the website but I know it is being investigated.

Stik

stiknruda
6th Mar 2003, 21:24
Webmaster says that the PFA's ISP (Griffon) has been experiencing severe disruption for 48 hrs. ETA for resolution was late pm today.........

(For the techies, DNS and proxies seem okay now but webservers are just not serving!)

Stik-ky

scottish_ppl
7th Mar 2003, 02:09
Whoops.. received the plastic bag with the insert as well, and sent off an email asking them to post me a magazine...

Having read this , I've just realised the mag did come a couple of weeks ago....

It was a pretty good issue, as well.

Abbeville
9th Mar 2003, 18:51
Fascinated to read about plastic bags( := ) but does anyone know when the PFA site is coming back online?

Regds

Abbeville

tacpot
11th Mar 2003, 10:27
The web-site is up now.

ratsarrse
11th Mar 2003, 11:24
Yes, site is still down. That's a long time for a site to be down - almost a week. I think I'd be looking at getting a new host at this stage...

Tim Inder
12th Mar 2003, 08:26
Just had a look again (shh, don't tell my boss!:eek: ). The site's back up now.

Tim