PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know this nutter?

mad_jock
5th Mar 2003, 11:42
Apperently according to the the times

A Chris O'Mahoney of Wallington Surrey is in deep poo with the french.

Apparently he set off from Biggin hill went IMC with lots of ice etc and had to plant it in field in France
After a local guy got it to Laval, he set off on Sat went IMC again and needed a Mil jet to guide him into Orleans.

MJ

CBG
5th Mar 2003, 12:06
I don't know him, neither do you apparently. Do try not calling him a nutter until you know all the facts!

RomeoTangoFoxtrotMike
5th Mar 2003, 12:26
See this thread (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83091&perpage=15&pagenumber=2). Would appear to be the same guy...

Flyin'Dutch'
5th Mar 2003, 17:25
IF this is true it will mean that the DGAC will write a letter to the CAA who will further investigate and take the matter up with the driver concerned.

Best to get the tel.no. of FL methinks

FD

GARDENER
5th Mar 2003, 18:37
Got to agree with MJ. But so I don't upset any do-gooders we will refer to him as an alleged nutter

DB6
5th Mar 2003, 20:18
Now that chappie who shut Coventry airport for a while as he buzzed the tower with his helicopter - THERE was a nutter!:D

mad_jock
5th Mar 2003, 20:34
I think we could class the Coventry guy as a fully developed window licker

MJ

Flyin'Dutch'
5th Mar 2003, 20:40
ISTR to have heard that he is now jailed for that.

Not 100% sure.

FD

Go-Around
5th Mar 2003, 21:47
AFAICR, a custodial sentence was handed out. I don't know if he's still locked up, IMHO he still should be.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/1926594.stm

High Wing Drifter
5th Mar 2003, 22:36
Ok that Helo guy had a screw loose, but to form a harsher judgement because of 9/11 is...is...I'm speechless! If the Judge said "You damaged property...take him down!" I could understand it. But to say that it was an act of terrorism because 9/11 occured a year and a day earlier is, frankly, rediculous.

What happened to judging cases on their merits? Surely a corner stone of Eglish justice, etc, etc.

Can anybody else see the logic in that Judge's reasoning for having to give such a custodial sentance?

mad_jock
6th Mar 2003, 09:39
I have to agree with you there.

I think the guy is more in need of medical assistance than 3 years in the nick at tax payers expense.

I must admit i can't work out the scales for getting put away. If you stab someone you get less time.

More to the point I hope he has had his medical permantly pulled for being unstable.

MJ