PDA

View Full Version : Manchester Nightshift

javelin
4th Mar 2003, 01:44
Chaps and Lady Chaps,

What a pleasure to work at night into Manch ! A cunning plan is devised by 10 before MONTY and it's game on. 3 nights, 3 great approaches, thanks folks !

bagpuss lives
7th Mar 2003, 18:52
One tries ones best ;)

Barnaby the Bear
10th Mar 2003, 10:13
Show off Niteflite01! :yuk: :}

cossack
10th Mar 2003, 17:30
javelin
If by "a cunning plan" you mean a nice straight-in on 06L, I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Unless 06L is the declared runway in use you will no longer be permitted to land on 06L unless there is a pressing need i.e. emergency, due to stricter noise abatement procedures recently introduced by the Airport Company.
You might still get a left circuit for 24R instead of the standard right circuit which will save you a few minutes, but the nice straight-in is a thing of the past.:(
(edited for spelling)

bagpuss lives
11th Mar 2003, 23:18
cossack = most well informed and eloquent ATCO at EGCC imvho ;)

Good work Sir :)

Always a pleasure to read your posts :)

250 kts
12th Mar 2003, 08:13
Just goes to show what you can do when you have no other traffic to worry about.;) ;) ;) :p :p

cossack
12th Mar 2003, 13:54
You're too kind!
I'm all embarrassed now! :O

javelin
13th Mar 2003, 18:39
Cossack,
No, it was downwind for 24R, just very nicely done and saved us a few minutes. Don't like a dirty dive into 6 at the best of times, you always seem to cock it up :O

14th Mar 2003, 16:28
I think that without exception most controllers will make an effort whenever traffic permits. After the ritual backslapping has subsided, remember that all ATC units are just links in a chain. For instance the straight line from crossing the Knutsford service area on the M6 direct to KORUL is my bit as far asthe Brest boundary, but I'm sure that earlier compliments were meant for all.

mainecoon
14th Mar 2003, 16:53

check your mats two or a map you don't go that far north

and given the amount going to scottish and manch on the east side we might be avin a bit of your brest in the near future

but on a more serious note yes respect to you guys on a night shift we do all try our best all the time though;)

15th Mar 2003, 07:38
You're right of course, but on standing agreement terms the plane is mine when I get it. Down here at the Dome we take our hats off to Manch, you fit an awful lot more traffic into Sector 29 than West Drayton ever did.....respect where it's due!

250 kts
15th Mar 2003, 10:37
True they do- but that's because at LATCC we had enough staff to open Sectors 3&4 continuously and therefore there was little need for the level capping that now goes on.

I suspect that for this summer with the new "POL" split there will be more capacity produced and more opportunity for the operators to get back to their normal requested FLs. Unless of course there is a desire amongst the planners and flow that the domestics are capped into S29. Whatever, the sector has a TSF which should be adhered to so no one gets overloaded- I wish!!!!

mainecoon
15th Mar 2003, 14:35
i take your point 250 kts

the capping forces us to further cap to protect sector 29 resulting in jet traffic cruising in our other sectors at fl180

this knock on effect just pushes the overload to another sector which we all know is unacceptable

we understand your staffing problems and lets hope it gets better in the short term as we at manch are going to be very tight on staff with the addition of the new east sector and being forced to retain a "pennine residual task"

anyway we can always dream:confused:

javelin
18th Mar 2003, 09:05
As north and south are communicating at present, how about some guidance on the old 290/310, 50 before MID chestnut. Us Minibus chaps don't stand a chance at most weights when going a distance and if I do bring the speed back, you will get a 20 mile level sector after that point while I speed up again. I tell ATC that I can't do it, offer my best and take vectors. This happened a while ago coming down from NCL into RIBEL 230 wasn't a goer then either.