PDA

View Full Version : Garmin III Personal Navigator

Courtman
3rd Mar 2003, 15:41
Does anyone know if this version of the GPS III is updatable so it can have the aviation database added? I've just used a GPS III Pilot for the first time and now want one.... wondered what the costs were upgrading a Personal Navigator version. Can't find much out on the Garmin website (or am I just looking in the wrong place).

atb1943
4th Mar 2003, 01:26
Suggest you contact [email protected],
Steve will help you.
cheers

noblues
4th Mar 2003, 08:42
I enquired about this and was told no.

Transair are selling the Garmin III Personal Navigator on offer for £150, while the Garmin III Pilot is £400 ..... it would be too good to be true to just change the database !!

(Although they do look identical. I only asked Transair, but maybe the official answer from Garmin may be different ?).

Go-Around
5th Mar 2003, 16:04
Courtman,
Check your PMs
GA

Evo
6th Mar 2003, 13:55
Is the personal navigator any good for aviation use? Wouldn't mind a GPS - Pilot 3 sounds ideal, but just having an aviation database isn't worth £250 more. I really just want something to check that I am where I think I am from time to time - got the half-mil for airspace etc. :)

poetpilot
7th Mar 2003, 07:38
I went through this question about 15 months ago before buying the Pilot III. Garmin said Nope, although they look identical, the innards were different.

So I bought the Pilot III cheaper in the US (but with a W.Europe database) & it's excellent.