PDA

View Full Version : Classic good ol' threads from the past...

BRL
28th Feb 2003, 13:49
I was looking back today and found THIS (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42765&highlight=new+forum)
It made me smile whilst looking through it and made me wonder if YOU can remember any good old threads from the past that are worthy of a 'classic thread compilation'.

Just have a look back through your own posts from when you first started posting and see what comes up, you will be sitting there laughing at some of the things you wrote ages ago :)

Kolibear
28th Feb 2003, 14:03
BRL - that was hilarious - nothing changes much on Pprune, only the ppruners.

There were only 3 posters on that thread that I recognize who are still posting now and one of them is Danny!

BRL
28th Feb 2003, 14:06
Aye, its great isn't it :)

That could be the next new thread... "Whatever happened to....?" :)

Whirlybird
28th Feb 2003, 18:21
Some of us were around but have changed our names. I started out as R22 - but decided that would sound really stupid in the future if/when I got to fly something bigger. I'm still flying R22s, but there you are. Anyway, there's a thread somewhere soon after that where I found out that Hungry Pilot wasn't what he claimed to be, really went for him, and he quietly disappeared. I don't have time to look for it, but if anyone else wants to....

High Wing Drifter
28th Feb 2003, 18:47
I started out as R22 - but decided that would sound really stupid in the future if/when I got to fly something bigger. I'm still flying R22s, but there you are
Hehe. Likewise, once I graduate from this Cesspit 152 a new profile is in order methinks :O

AerBabe
28th Feb 2003, 18:53
I started out under another name too, but it's staying secret cos I posted something embarassing. :O
By the time I got this user name I was a little more aware of what I was saying in 'public'. :D

Fly Stimulator
28th Feb 2003, 19:02
AB/SW,

Now that sounds like a challenge!

I see from the member list that there is a Scarey and a Scary Spice, but neither of them seem to have posted so that can't be it. There doesn't seem to be a Rhiannon, so you're clearly not a Welsh witch either.

Give us a clue!

Evo
28th Feb 2003, 19:38
I remember the days when Private Flying wasn't even here, just fields :ok:, but I'm on my third regeneration ... both changes a result of being a bit ambitious with a new passwords... :rolleyes: :O

AerBabe
28th Feb 2003, 20:17
Fly Stimulator - Nope, I will not give you a clue. With any luck Danny will have deleted the whole profile anyway. If he hasn't I might just ask him to.

Once more, for the record, I'm not mad, Welsh, scary, or... Oh, yes, I am a woman.

My personal title is a corruption of the original, brought about by a moderator whose purple hair dye had obviously seeped into her brain. However, she's my fwend, so it's staying. *pouts*

AB

Wireless
1st Mar 2003, 08:18
Mmm. Are you really a babe though!:D ;)

VFE
1st Mar 2003, 15:48
Well if she wasn't I doubt she woulda offered to strip at the Gatbash last June...... ;)

VFE.

Vizsla
1st Mar 2003, 16:51
At the risk of being banned by "Flaps Forty" without notice or subsequent explanation.

What was the result of the alleged drunken brawl onboard the Scottish football charter from Spain that diverted to Cardiff?
Cover up? Pending? or Wot?

VFE
1st Mar 2003, 18:50
Uh? :confused:

You sure you've got the right thread here buddy??

VFE.

BRL
2nd Mar 2003, 00:14
:confused: :confused: Vizsla, can you send me some of what you have been drinking/smoking please.... :D

Vizsla
2nd Mar 2003, 09:24
Red "L" - I presume thats "Learner Moderator" you might not remember the amusing thread about that incident last year which provoked a huge response

BRL
2nd Mar 2003, 11:25
Agreed Viz, What I meant, which I should have made clear in the original post, is the old threads should be from the private flying forum only...... :O